Jul 21, 2015, 6:24 PM EST
Ian Desmond told a story after Monday night’s game that caught the attention of many baseball fans in the Mid-Atlantic area, how MLB Hall of Famer and Orioles legend Cal Ripken, Jr. gave him some advice recently that may have helped him snap out of an extended hitless streak. Ripken saw Desmond before one of…
Jul 20, 2015, 10:48 PM EST
Ian Desmond entered Monday’s game hitless in his previous 17 at-bats, a streak that dated back to July 10, a span of 10 days. But in the Nats’ 7-2 win over the Mets on Monday night, Desmond reached base twice: once on an infield single and then later with a two-run homer, his eighth of…
Jun 7, 2014, 2:11 PM EST
With their 15th round pick in the 2014 MLB Draft, the Nationals selected a prospect with a familiar name. Indian River State College (Fla.) first baseman Ryan Ripken, son of Hall of Famer Cal Ripken, Jr., was taken by Washington with the 454th overall pick. The 6-foot-6 left-handed hitter batted .321 in 42 games last…
Sep 5, 2013, 10:52 AM EST
With most decisions well in hand, the most exciting races may be for the wild card spots in each league, with three AL East rivals duking it out for the final spot there, and the Nationals trying to claw back into the picture in the NL. Here’s how Nationals Insider Mark Zuckerman, Nats writer Chase…
FINAL NL EAST STANDINGS
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2015 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- How to watch NBC Sports Washington's full interview with Nationals owner Mark Lerner
- Radio silence from Bryce Harper hasn't quieted Mark Lerner's confidence in Nationals
- Exclusive: Nats owner Mark Lerner says they haven't heard from Bryce Harper and Scott Boras in months
- What’s next for Trea Turner? Running (a lot) more
- Nationals reportedly have no plans to give Bryce Harper a mega-deal comparable to Manny Machado’s
- Anthony Rendon is ‘all ears’ if the Nationals want to continue talking extension
- NHL Hall of Famer Bobby Orr visits Nationals Spring Training
- The latest reports and rumors about Bryce Harper, one day after Manny Machado picked Padres
- A quick inside look at the Nationals Circle of Trust, which jumpstarts each day
- How does Manny Machado's deal affect Bryce Harper? Racing Presidents crew reacts