Jul 21, 2015, 6:24 PM EDT
Ian Desmond told a story after Monday night’s game that caught the attention of many baseball fans in the Mid-Atlantic area, how MLB Hall of Famer and Orioles legend Cal Ripken, Jr. gave him some advice recently that may have helped him snap out of an extended hitless streak. Ripken saw Desmond before one of…
Jul 20, 2015, 10:48 PM EDT
Ian Desmond entered Monday’s game hitless in his previous 17 at-bats, a streak that dated back to July 10, a span of 10 days. But in the Nats’ 7-2 win over the Mets on Monday night, Desmond reached base twice: once on an infield single and then later with a two-run homer, his eighth of…
Jun 7, 2014, 2:11 PM EDT
With their 15th round pick in the 2014 MLB Draft, the Nationals selected a prospect with a familiar name. Indian River State College (Fla.) first baseman Ryan Ripken, son of Hall of Famer Cal Ripken, Jr., was taken by Washington with the 454th overall pick. The 6-foot-6 left-handed hitter batted .321 in 42 games last…
Sep 5, 2013, 10:52 AM EDT
With most decisions well in hand, the most exciting races may be for the wild card spots in each league, with three AL East rivals duking it out for the final spot there, and the Nationals trying to claw back into the picture in the NL. Here’s how Nationals Insider Mark Zuckerman, Nats writer Chase…
FINAL NL EAST STANDINGS
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2015 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- 2018 Nationals Position Review: The Nationals outfield is built to succeed
- Bryce Harper to the Dodgers? Looking at the chances Harper ends up in Los Angeles
- Breaking down Bryce Harper's early years of stardom with the Nationals
- Ex-Oriole Manny Machado homers off ex-National Gio Gonzalez in NLCS Game 1
- Nationals get offseason started by acquiring righty reliever Kyle Barraclough from Marlins
- Bryce Harper to the Cubs? His personal connections to Chicago could make it happen
- Jacob deGrom will and should win National League Cy Young over Max Scherzer
- All of Juan Soto's rookie season milestones and accomplishments
- Bryce Harper to the Cubs is what oddsmakers think will happen
- Nationals' biggest offseason questions begin with Bryce Harper's free agency