Dec 10, 2015, 12:19 PM EST
We are back with another episode of ‘Baseball in the District,’ as the 2015 Winter Meetings are coming to a close. Tim Murray and I broke down what was a busy week for the Nationals and in baseball.
We first discussed the controversy started by Dusty Baker and gave our thoughts on that. We then shifted to the Nats’ bullpen and the minor moves they have already made, as well as what could be next.
Tim and I also examined the failed attempts to sign both Ben Zobrist and Mike Leake, and what the simple fact they were interested in both of those guys could mean in the big picture.
You can listen to the show on ESPN 980’s website or download it on iTunes.
FINAL NL EAST STANDINGS
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2015 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- Which Washington Nationals might show up on 2019 MLB awards ballots?
- It’s time to fix baseball’s postseason award shows
- The Nationals need a left-handed rotation piece; Why Patrick Corbin is their best option
- How to entice Bryce Harper into re-signing with the Nationals? With food, of course!
- Here's why one writer voted for Max Scherzer over Jacob deGrom for NL Cy Young
- Nathan Eovaldi represents the versatile type of pitcher the Nationals need
- Scherzer finishes second in Cy Young voting
- Nationals can afford to lose Bryce Harper, the Orioles will just lose with or without Manny Machado
- How does Max Scherzer's recent dominance compare to other stretches in MLB history?
- Here's how the Nationals outfield could sustain the loss of Bryce Harper