Dec 2, 2015, 2:00 PM EDT
Our latest episode of ‘Baseball in the District’ featured a lot of talk about Jordan Zimmermann, who this week left the Nationals to sign a free agent deal with the Detroit Tigers.
We looked back on his career in Washington and at the contract he signed with Detroit. We also looked forward to weigh the Nats’ options for replacing him in their rotation.
Tim and I also examined the Ben Zobrist and Darren O’Day rumors and discussed whether both have priced themselves out of Washington.
We closed with some thoughts on David Price’s free agent contract and how it relates to the one Max Scherzer signed last winter.
You can listen to the show on ESPN 980’s website or download it on iTunes by searching ‘Baseball in the District.
FINAL NL EAST STANDINGS
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2015 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- Nationals' Joe Ross to start against team that drafted him
- Stephen Strasburg has career-high 15 strikeouts in Nationals win over Padres
- Nationals players visit local little league baseball teams
- Bryce Harper launches mammoth home run into third deck at National Park
- Max Scherzer absolutely dominates Padres, piles up 13 strikeouts
- Anthony Rendon homers in third straight game, but Nationals fall to Mariners in series finale
- Nats beat Mariners behind Joe Ross' career day in return from minors
- WATCH: Werth and Harper go back-to-back, Rendon hits 2 HRs in Nats win
- Nationals beat Braves, snap losing skid behind Stephen Strasburg's strong start
- 2017 MLB Power Rankings: As Bryce Harper goes, so do the Nationals