Dec 2, 2015, 2:00 PM EDT
Our latest episode of ‘Baseball in the District’ featured a lot of talk about Jordan Zimmermann, who this week left the Nationals to sign a free agent deal with the Detroit Tigers.
We looked back on his career in Washington and at the contract he signed with Detroit. We also looked forward to weigh the Nats’ options for replacing him in their rotation.
Tim and I also examined the Ben Zobrist and Darren O’Day rumors and discussed whether both have priced themselves out of Washington.
We closed with some thoughts on David Price’s free agent contract and how it relates to the one Max Scherzer signed last winter.
You can listen to the show on ESPN 980’s website or download it on iTunes by searching ‘Baseball in the District.
FINAL NL EAST STANDINGS
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2015 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- Howie Kendrick hits two homeruns for Nationals against former team
- Howie Kendrick's extra-inning grand slam finally puts Nats-Giants series to bed
- Bryce Harper suffers bone bruise in knee
- Bryce Harper injured in Nationals' 3-1 win
- Bryce Harper carried off field with gruesome knee injury after slipping on first base
- Giants-Nationals game postponed after lengthy rain delay
- Andrew Stevenson makes game saving catch to help Nationals beat Marlins
- All nickname jerseys for the Washington Nationals
- Ryan Zimmerman breaks franchise record against Marlins
- Not even the Nationals can slow down Giancarlo Stanton