Dec 2, 2015, 2:00 PM EST
Our latest episode of ‘Baseball in the District’ featured a lot of talk about Jordan Zimmermann, who this week left the Nationals to sign a free agent deal with the Detroit Tigers.
We looked back on his career in Washington and at the contract he signed with Detroit. We also looked forward to weigh the Nats’ options for replacing him in their rotation.
Tim and I also examined the Ben Zobrist and Darren O’Day rumors and discussed whether both have priced themselves out of Washington.
We closed with some thoughts on David Price’s free agent contract and how it relates to the one Max Scherzer signed last winter.
You can listen to the show on ESPN 980’s website or download it on iTunes by searching ‘Baseball in the District.
FINAL NL EAST STANDINGS
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2015 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- Why Bryce Harper would be a bargain at $500 million
- Nats' Max Scherzer wins second straight NL Cy Young Award
- Max Scherzer and Ryan Zimmerman receive honors from fellow ballplayers
- Two-time Cy Young winner Roy Halladay dies in Gulf of Mexico plane crash
- Nationals' Scherzer, Strasburg named two of the three NL Cy Young finalists
- Matt Wieters will return to Nationals in 2018 with player-option
- Houston Astros shut out lights in Hollywood, bring home first World Series title
- Is Bryce Harper flirting with Chicago?
- Whoa. Dusty Baker not returning as Nationals' manager. What comes next?
- Nationals second baseman Daniel Murphy undergoes successful knee surgery