Dec 2, 2015, 2:00 PM EDT
Our latest episode of ‘Baseball in the District’ featured a lot of talk about Jordan Zimmermann, who this week left the Nationals to sign a free agent deal with the Detroit Tigers.
We looked back on his career in Washington and at the contract he signed with Detroit. We also looked forward to weigh the Nats’ options for replacing him in their rotation.
Tim and I also examined the Ben Zobrist and Darren O’Day rumors and discussed whether both have priced themselves out of Washington.
We closed with some thoughts on David Price’s free agent contract and how it relates to the one Max Scherzer signed last winter.
You can listen to the show on ESPN 980’s website or download it on iTunes by searching ‘Baseball in the District.
FINAL NL EAST STANDINGS
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2015 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- 2017 MLB Power Rankings: The Dodgers don't lose anymore
- Ten very good Pups in the Park who don't care that the Nats lost
- Nationals can't overcome Tanner Roark's first inning, lose to Reds
- Trea Turner has a career game as Nats clobber Reds
- Harper's 10th-inning single lifts Nationals past Reds 6-5
- Max Scherzer's bid for third no-hitter ends in heartbreak
- The Nats got hot Tuesday in Miami with 12-3 win over Marlins
- Tanner Roark unable to preserve six-run lead before Marlins walk off Nationals in ninth
- Jacob DeGrom denies Nationals sweep of Mets on Father's Day
- Nationals hit three homers to win third straight game against Mets