Dec 2, 2015, 2:00 PM EDT
Our latest episode of ‘Baseball in the District’ featured a lot of talk about Jordan Zimmermann, who this week left the Nationals to sign a free agent deal with the Detroit Tigers.
We looked back on his career in Washington and at the contract he signed with Detroit. We also looked forward to weigh the Nats’ options for replacing him in their rotation.
Tim and I also examined the Ben Zobrist and Darren O’Day rumors and discussed whether both have priced themselves out of Washington.
We closed with some thoughts on David Price’s free agent contract and how it relates to the one Max Scherzer signed last winter.
You can listen to the show on ESPN 980’s website or download it on iTunes by searching ‘Baseball in the District.
FINAL NL EAST STANDINGS
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2015 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- Bryce Harper named National League Player of the Week
- Charlie Blackmon hits 2-run homer, Rockies beat Nationals 8-4
- Murphy, Scherzer slam Mets with 7th straight win
- Daniel Murphy strikes again vs. Mets with second career grand slam
- MLB Power Rankings: The Beltway gets well represented
- Gio Gonzalez leads Nats to 6th straight win with 3-1 victory against Mets
- Nationals win fifth in a row as Harper powers Nats past Mets
- Nationals pick up sweep of Braves behind Stephen Strasburg's strong night
- Bryce Harper has monster night as Nats slam Braves 14-4
- Jayson Werth leaves Nationals game vs. Braves with undisclosed injury