Nov 24, 2015, 2:40 PM EDT
With Thanksgiving approaching and the winter meetings still over a week away, baseball has been put on the backburner for many in this town. But not for Tim Murray and I, who are going to be doing our podcast ‘Baseball in the District’ on a weekly basis now.
We got back at it this morning by recording a 30-minute episode focusing on the Nationals’ new coaching staff – including the timely news of Bobby Henley’s retention as third base coach – and what the Nats can do with their bullpen this offseason. We looked at some free agent options and also discussed what the team should do with Drew Storen and Jonathan Papelbon.
You can listen to the show on ESPN 980’s website or download it on iTunes.
FINAL NL EAST STANDINGS
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2015 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- 2018 MLB Wild Card Playoff Race: The Dodgers are back
- Strasburg fans 11, Nationals top Marlins 4-2
- Nationals headed to Fresno, California
- Last-place Marlins use balked-in run to come back against the Nationals
- Victor Robles' first home run give Nationals fans something to be happy about in September
- Nationals still fighting for NL wild-card spot as they visit Marlins
- Braves' NL East lead still 6½ games after 6-4 loss to Nats
- Soto continues historic debut season as Nats take down East-leading Braves
- Max Scherzer surrenders season-high six runs in 10-5 loss to Braves
- 2018 MLB Wild Card Race: Milwaukee Brewers are set, take aim at division