Nov 24, 2015, 2:40 PM EST
With Thanksgiving approaching and the winter meetings still over a week away, baseball has been put on the backburner for many in this town. But not for Tim Murray and I, who are going to be doing our podcast ‘Baseball in the District’ on a weekly basis now.
We got back at it this morning by recording a 30-minute episode focusing on the Nationals’ new coaching staff – including the timely news of Bobby Henley’s retention as third base coach – and what the Nats can do with their bullpen this offseason. We looked at some free agent options and also discussed what the team should do with Drew Storen and Jonathan Papelbon.
You can listen to the show on ESPN 980’s website or download it on iTunes.
FINAL NL EAST STANDINGS
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2015 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- Bryce Harper is very interested in a number of teams, according to Scott Boras
- Nats' Max Scherzer puts pitching arm to good use thanks to Alex Ovechkin's hat trick
- Nationals are receiving calls about Tanner Roark
- Patrick Corbin's contract is insanely backloaded, but that's S.O.P. for the Nationals
- Dave Martinez reiterates door remains open for Bryce Harper
- Tom Verducci gives more specifics on Bryce Harper's 2016 injury
- The case for the Phillies as the frontrunner for Bryce Harper, according to Tim Kurkjian
- Phillies’ manager Gabe Kapler says he’s ‘fascinated’ by Bryce Harper
- Mike Rizzo left to clarify mixed messages on Harper
- Nationals on periphery at Winter Meetings this week as they appear all but out on Bryce Harper