Nov 19, 2015, 9:08 PM EDT
We knew this day was coming for awhile, but that didn’t make Thursday’s announcement of Bryce Harper as the unanimous choice for National League MVP any less significant. This kind of thing doesn’t happen around here every day. (Technically, it hadn’t happened at all since 1925.)
Harper was kind enough to take a few minutes on this eventful evening for a 1-on-1 interview. I asked him what it meant to find out he not only won but won unanimously, where the MVP award ranks on his list of career goals and what exactly put him in position to take his game to these heights in 2015.
FINAL NL EAST STANDINGS
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2015 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- 2017 fantasy baseball team names: The top 25
- Nationals, MLB betting odds and prop bets for 2017 season
- Donald Trump will not throw out Nationals Opening Day first pitch
- Watch Max Scherzer strike out Tim Tebow on just three pitches
- 2017 ballpark foods that are way better than peanuts and Cracker Jack
- Nationals Ace Max Scherzer will not be team's opening day starter
- Nationals' Tanner Roark pitches 4 scoreless innings in US defeat of Japan in WBC
- Tanner Roark to start in World Baseball Classic semifinals against Japan on Tuesday
- Dusty Baker concerned about Daniel Murphy not playing in World Baseball Classic
- Pitcher Max Scherzer 'probably not' starting for Nationals on opening day