Nov 19, 2015, 9:08 PM EDT
We knew this day was coming for awhile, but that didn’t make Thursday’s announcement of Bryce Harper as the unanimous choice for National League MVP any less significant. This kind of thing doesn’t happen around here every day. (Technically, it hadn’t happened at all since 1925.)
Harper was kind enough to take a few minutes on this eventful evening for a 1-on-1 interview. I asked him what it meant to find out he not only won but won unanimously, where the MVP award ranks on his list of career goals and what exactly put him in position to take his game to these heights in 2015.
FINAL NL EAST STANDINGS
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2015 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- Nationals' Joe Ross to start against team that drafted him
- Stephen Strasburg has career-high 15 strikeouts in Nationals win over Padres
- Nationals players visit local little league baseball teams
- Bryce Harper launches mammoth home run into third deck at National Park
- Max Scherzer absolutely dominates Padres, piles up 13 strikeouts
- Anthony Rendon homers in third straight game, but Nationals fall to Mariners in series finale
- Nats beat Mariners behind Joe Ross' career day in return from minors
- WATCH: Werth and Harper go back-to-back, Rendon hits 2 HRs in Nats win
- Nationals beat Braves, snap losing skid behind Stephen Strasburg's strong start
- 2017 MLB Power Rankings: As Bryce Harper goes, so do the Nationals