Nov 19, 2015, 9:08 PM EDT
We knew this day was coming for awhile, but that didn’t make Thursday’s announcement of Bryce Harper as the unanimous choice for National League MVP any less significant. This kind of thing doesn’t happen around here every day. (Technically, it hadn’t happened at all since 1925.)
Harper was kind enough to take a few minutes on this eventful evening for a 1-on-1 interview. I asked him what it meant to find out he not only won but won unanimously, where the MVP award ranks on his list of career goals and what exactly put him in position to take his game to these heights in 2015.
FINAL NL EAST STANDINGS
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2015 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- Bryce Harper named National League Player of the Week
- Charlie Blackmon hits 2-run homer, Rockies beat Nationals 8-4
- Murphy, Scherzer slam Mets with 7th straight win
- Daniel Murphy strikes again vs. Mets with second career grand slam
- MLB Power Rankings: The Beltway gets well represented
- Gio Gonzalez leads Nats to 6th straight win with 3-1 victory against Mets
- Nationals win fifth in a row as Harper powers Nats past Mets
- Nationals pick up sweep of Braves behind Stephen Strasburg's strong night
- Bryce Harper has monster night as Nats slam Braves 14-4
- Jayson Werth leaves Nationals game vs. Braves with undisclosed injury