Nov 19, 2015, 2:16 PM EDT
The Nationals’ 2016 spring training schedule has been released with less than three months now until pitchers and catchers report.
The Nats will begin their spring schedule on March 2 at Port Charlotte against the Tampa Bay Rays. They will host their first game on March 3 against the defending NL-champion New York Mets.
The Nationals’ final game of the Grapefruit League schedule will be on March 30 at the Mets in Port St. Lucie. Their last home game in Viera will be March 28 against Miami. That will be the final game for the Nationals in Viera with their new facility in West Palm Beach opening in 2017.
Here is the full schedule for the Nationals’ 2016 spring training:
FINAL NL EAST STANDINGS
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2015 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- Nats' bats remain red-hot in freezing cold Denver
- Nationals place Koda Glover on DL due to hip injury
- Trea Turner hits for the cycle despite freezing Colorado temperature
- Bryce Harper named National League Player of the Week
- Charlie Blackmon hits 2-run homer, Rockies beat Nationals 8-4
- Murphy, Scherzer slam Mets with 7th straight win
- Daniel Murphy strikes again vs. Mets with second career grand slam
- MLB Power Rankings: The Beltway gets well represented
- Gio Gonzalez leads Nats to 6th straight win with 3-1 victory against Mets
- Nationals win fifth in a row as Harper powers Nats past Mets