Nov 19, 2015, 2:16 PM EST
The Nationals’ 2016 spring training schedule has been released with less than three months now until pitchers and catchers report.
The Nats will begin their spring schedule on March 2 at Port Charlotte against the Tampa Bay Rays. They will host their first game on March 3 against the defending NL-champion New York Mets.
The Nationals’ final game of the Grapefruit League schedule will be on March 30 at the Mets in Port St. Lucie. Their last home game in Viera will be March 28 against Miami. That will be the final game for the Nationals in Viera with their new facility in West Palm Beach opening in 2017.
Here is the full schedule for the Nationals’ 2016 spring training:
FINAL NL EAST STANDINGS
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2015 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- Which Washington Nationals might show up on 2019 MLB awards ballots?
- It’s time to fix baseball’s postseason award shows
- The Nationals need a left-handed rotation piece; Why Patrick Corbin is their best option
- How to entice Bryce Harper into re-signing with the Nationals? With food, of course!
- Here's why one writer voted for Max Scherzer over Jacob deGrom for NL Cy Young
- Nathan Eovaldi represents the versatile type of pitcher the Nationals need
- Scherzer finishes second in Cy Young voting
- Nationals can afford to lose Bryce Harper, the Orioles will just lose with or without Manny Machado
- How does Max Scherzer's recent dominance compare to other stretches in MLB history?
- Here's how the Nationals outfield could sustain the loss of Bryce Harper