Nov 19, 2015, 2:16 PM EDT
The Nationals’ 2016 spring training schedule has been released with less than three months now until pitchers and catchers report.
The Nats will begin their spring schedule on March 2 at Port Charlotte against the Tampa Bay Rays. They will host their first game on March 3 against the defending NL-champion New York Mets.
The Nationals’ final game of the Grapefruit League schedule will be on March 30 at the Mets in Port St. Lucie. Their last home game in Viera will be March 28 against Miami. That will be the final game for the Nationals in Viera with their new facility in West Palm Beach opening in 2017.
Here is the full schedule for the Nationals’ 2016 spring training:
FINAL NL EAST STANDINGS
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2015 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- Nationals' offense remains quiet in 2-0 loss to Toronto
- What to watch for in Major League Baseball this weekend
- MLB reveals 2018 All-Star Game uniforms taking place at Nationals Park
- Nats prospect update: Fedde hit hard in second start, but Soto continues to impress
- Mark Lerner takes control of Nationals from father Ted
- Juan Soto crushes two homers in Nats win over Yankees
- While you were watching the Caps win the Stanley Cup, here's what the Nats have been up to
- Mike Rizzo wants anonymous Bryce Harper critic to 'put your name on it'
- Harper is hit twice by pitches and Yankees top Nats
- Murphy activated off DL, to make season debut for Nats