Nov 19, 2015, 2:16 PM EDT
The Nationals’ 2016 spring training schedule has been released with less than three months now until pitchers and catchers report.
The Nats will begin their spring schedule on March 2 at Port Charlotte against the Tampa Bay Rays. They will host their first game on March 3 against the defending NL-champion New York Mets.
The Nationals’ final game of the Grapefruit League schedule will be on March 30 at the Mets in Port St. Lucie. Their last home game in Viera will be March 28 against Miami. That will be the final game for the Nationals in Viera with their new facility in West Palm Beach opening in 2017.
Here is the full schedule for the Nationals’ 2016 spring training:
FINAL NL EAST STANDINGS
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2015 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- Nationals players visit local little league baseball teams
- Bryce Harper launches mammoth home run into third deck at National Park
- Max Scherzer absolutely dominates Padres, piles up 13 strikeouts
- Anthony Rendon homers in third straight game, but Nationals fall to Mariners in series finale
- Nats beat Mariners behind Joe Ross' career day in return from minors
- WATCH: Werth and Harper go back-to-back, Rendon hits 2 HRs in Nats win
- Nationals beat Braves, snap losing skid behind Stephen Strasburg's strong start
- 2017 MLB Power Rankings: As Bryce Harper goes, so do the Nationals
- Nationals can't find enough offense to snap four-game skid
- Braves hand Nationals their third loss in a row