Nov 1, 2015, 4:06 PM EDT
WORLD SERIES GAME 5: KANSAS CITY ROYALS at NEW YORK METS
Series: Royals lead 3-1
Where: Citi Field, New York
Gametime: 8:00 p.m.
Radio: ESPN Radio
Weather: Mostly cloudy, 62 degrees, wind 6 mph
Starting pitchers: KCR RHP Edinson Volquez (13-9, 3.55 ERA) / NYM RHP Matt Harvey (13-8, 2.71 ERA)
The 2015 MLB season could come to an end on Sunday night, as the Kansas City Royals aim to clinch their first World Series title since 1985. They have the opportunity to do so on the road at the Mets with Game 5 being the final game of the series in New York.
Matt Harvey will try to keep the Mets’ season alive in his second appearance of this World Series. He pitched Game 1, which the Mets lost despite him putting in a quality start. He has a 3.38 ERA in the playoffs so far through three starts.
Edinson Volquez, who also started Game 1, will get the ball for Kansas City tonight. You probably remember his impressive outing in that game despite not knowing his father had passed just hours before. Now he will go out to the mound again just days after suffering a tragic loss.
Volquez was good in that game, but he’s been inconsistent overall in the playoffs. He has a 6.14 career postseason ERA through six total games.
The Royals have looked like the superior team through this series and are certainly have the advantage at 3-1 now. Is tonight the night?
FINAL NL EAST STANDINGS
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2015 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- Nationals beat Braves, snap losing skid behind Stephen Strasburg's strong start
- 2017 MLB Power Rankings: As Bryce Harper goes, so do the Nationals
- Nationals can't find enough offense to snap four-game skid
- Braves hand Nationals their third loss in a row
- Tanner Roark struggles as Nationals drop rubber match of series to Pirates
- Nationals vs. Pirates Preview: Turner, bullpen once again focal points
- Bullpen comes through as Nationals hold off Pirates
- Now is the time for the Washington Nationals to address bullpen issues
- 2017 MLB Power Rankings: Bryce Harper had himself a nice Mother's Day
- Michael A. Taylor homers late to overcome shaky bullpen outing for Nationals