Oct 31, 2015, 6:05 PM EDT
WORLD SERIES GAME 4: KANSAS CITY ROYALS at NEW YORK METS
Series: Royals lead 2-1
Where: Citi Field, New York
Gametime: 8:00 p.m.
Radio: ESPN Radio
Weather: Partly cloudy, 51 degrees, wind 5 mph
Starting pitchers: KCR RHP Chris Young (11-6, 3.06 ERA) / NYM LHP Steven Matz (4-0, 2.27 ERA)
Noah Syndergaard was too much for the Royals in Game 3, as the Mets finally struck back to push the World Series to 2-1. Now New York will send out another rookie pitcher as they aim to get even and make it a whole new series.
Lefty Steven Matz will take the ball for the Mets in his third postseason start. He will start Game 4 of this series, just as he did in the NLDS and NLCS. So far he has allowed four earned runs in 9 2/3 total innings.
Right-hander Chris Young will pitch for the Royals in his second appearance of the World Series. He tossed three scoreless innings in relief in Kansas City’s Game 1 win. Saturday night’s start will be his fourth career playoff appearance. He has a 1.47 ERA with three earned runs and 24 strikeouts in 18 1/3 innings.
The Royals will certainly hope for better results from Young than they saw from Yordano Ventura and their bullpen in Game 3. The Mets pushed nine runs across on 12 hits. That was more than the Mets had scored in Games 1 and 2 combined.
FINAL NL EAST STANDINGS
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2015 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- Matt Grace, Howie Kendrick lead Nationals past San Diego Padres
- Max Scherzer scratched from start against San Diego, heading to DL
- Mike Rizzo details the rehabilitation process for Bryce Harper to return for Nationals
- Howie Kendrick hits two homeruns for Nationals against former team
- Howie Kendrick's extra-inning grand slam finally puts Nats-Giants series to bed
- Bryce Harper suffers bone bruise in knee
- Bryce Harper injured in Nationals' 3-1 win
- Bryce Harper carried off field with gruesome knee injury after slipping on first base
- Giants-Nationals game postponed after lengthy rain delay
- Andrew Stevenson makes game saving catch to help Nationals beat Marlins