Oct 31, 2015, 6:05 PM EDT
WORLD SERIES GAME 4: KANSAS CITY ROYALS at NEW YORK METS
Series: Royals lead 2-1
Where: Citi Field, New York
Gametime: 8:00 p.m.
Radio: ESPN Radio
Weather: Partly cloudy, 51 degrees, wind 5 mph
Starting pitchers: KCR RHP Chris Young (11-6, 3.06 ERA) / NYM LHP Steven Matz (4-0, 2.27 ERA)
Noah Syndergaard was too much for the Royals in Game 3, as the Mets finally struck back to push the World Series to 2-1. Now New York will send out another rookie pitcher as they aim to get even and make it a whole new series.
Lefty Steven Matz will take the ball for the Mets in his third postseason start. He will start Game 4 of this series, just as he did in the NLDS and NLCS. So far he has allowed four earned runs in 9 2/3 total innings.
Right-hander Chris Young will pitch for the Royals in his second appearance of the World Series. He tossed three scoreless innings in relief in Kansas City’s Game 1 win. Saturday night’s start will be his fourth career playoff appearance. He has a 1.47 ERA with three earned runs and 24 strikeouts in 18 1/3 innings.
The Royals will certainly hope for better results from Young than they saw from Yordano Ventura and their bullpen in Game 3. The Mets pushed nine runs across on 12 hits. That was more than the Mets had scored in Games 1 and 2 combined.
FINAL NL EAST STANDINGS
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2015 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- Nats' bats remain red-hot in freezing cold Denver
- Nationals place Koda Glover on DL due to hip injury
- Trea Turner hits for the cycle despite freezing Colorado temperature
- Bryce Harper named National League Player of the Week
- Charlie Blackmon hits 2-run homer, Rockies beat Nationals 8-4
- Murphy, Scherzer slam Mets with 7th straight win
- Daniel Murphy strikes again vs. Mets with second career grand slam
- MLB Power Rankings: The Beltway gets well represented
- Gio Gonzalez leads Nats to 6th straight win with 3-1 victory against Mets
- Nationals win fifth in a row as Harper powers Nats past Mets