Oct 30, 2015, 5:40 PM EDT
WORLD SERIES GAME 3: KANSAS CITY ROYALS at NEW YORK METS
Series: Royals lead 2-0
Where: Citi Field, New York
Gametime: 8:00 p.m.
Radio: ESPN Radio
Weather: Clear, 52 degrees, wind 7 mph
Starting pitchers: KCR RHP Yordano Ventura (13-8, 4.08 ERA) / NYM RHP Noah Syndergaard (9-7, 3.24 ERA)
The Royals took a commanding 2-0 lead thanks to a dominating performance by Johnny Cueto in Game 2. Now they turn to right-hander Yordano Ventura as they hope to put themselves one game away from clinching their first world championship in 30 years.
Standing in their way is Mets rookie Noah Syndergaard who has quite the task at hand for a 23-year-old pitching in his first postseason. Syndergaard has, however, been very good so far in the playoffs. Through three appearances he has a 2.77 ERA with four earned runs allowed and 20 strikeouts in 13 innings. He will also be pitching at home, which certainly should not hurt.
Ventura is only one year older than Syndergaard, but he has nine playoff appearances to pull from. He has not been very good this postseason, though, with a 5.09 ERA in four starts. He is coming off his best start this October with one run surrendered through 5 1/3 innings when the Royals beat the Blue Jays in Game 6 of the ALCS.
In order for the Mets to get back in this series, they will need more from some of their most important offensive players. Yoenis Cespedes is 1-for-10 so far, David Wright is 2-for-11, Travis d’Arnaud is 1-for-9 and Curtis Granderson is 1-for-8. That will have to change, or else this series will end very soon.
FINAL NL EAST STANDINGS
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2015 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- Bryce Harper named National League Player of the Week
- Charlie Blackmon hits 2-run homer, Rockies beat Nationals 8-4
- Murphy, Scherzer slam Mets with 7th straight win
- Daniel Murphy strikes again vs. Mets with second career grand slam
- MLB Power Rankings: The Beltway gets well represented
- Gio Gonzalez leads Nats to 6th straight win with 3-1 victory against Mets
- Nationals win fifth in a row as Harper powers Nats past Mets
- Nationals pick up sweep of Braves behind Stephen Strasburg's strong night
- Bryce Harper has monster night as Nats slam Braves 14-4
- Jayson Werth leaves Nationals game vs. Braves with undisclosed injury