Oct 23, 2015, 2:11 PM EDT
ALCS GAME 6: TORONTO BLUE JAYS AT KANSAS CITY ROYALS
Series: Royals lead 3-2
Where: Kaufmann Stadium, Kansas City
Gametime: 8:00 p.m.
Radio: ESPN Radio
Weather: Mostly cloudy, 68 degrees, wind 10 mph
Starting pitchers: TOR LHP David Price (18-5, 2.45 ERA) / KCR RHP Yordano Ventura (13-8, 4.08ERA)
The Blue Jays kept their season alive in Game 5 with a win in Toronto, but now they will have to win in Kansas City to continue playing. They will have their best pitcher, David Price, on the mound, though lately he has provided no guarantees.
Price has struggled this postseason with 13 earned runs in 16 2/3 innings. He got rocked in Game 2 by the Royals and will certainly hope for better results this time around in what could be his final start with the Blue Jays. Price is a free agent after this season.
Opposite Price will be 24-year-old Yordano Ventura, who has also found trouble in the playoffs. He has surrendered nine earned runs in three 2015 postseason outings across 12 1/3 total innings.
With a 3-2 lead in the series, the Royals can clinch their second consecutive World Series berth and a chance to play against the New York Mets. A win for the Blue Jays would set up a decisive Game 7 on Saturday night.
FINAL NL EAST STANDINGS
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2015 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- Max Scherzer's bid for third no-hitter ends in heartbreak
- The Nats got hot Tuesday in Miami with 12-3 win over Marlins
- Tanner Roark unable to preserve six-run lead before Marlins walk off Nationals in ninth
- Jacob DeGrom denies Nationals sweep of Mets on Father's Day
- Nationals hit three homers to win third straight game against Mets
- Nationals look to win series against Mets behind Stephen Strasburg
- Scherzer strikes out 10, leads Nationals over Mets 7-2
- Gio Gonzalez and Daniel Murphy dominated in Nationals' 8-3 win over the Mets
- Bryce Harper hits hardest home run of his career
- 2017 MLB All-Star Game date, time, how to watch, rosters