Oct 23, 2015, 2:11 PM EDT
ALCS GAME 6: TORONTO BLUE JAYS AT KANSAS CITY ROYALS
Series: Royals lead 3-2
Where: Kaufmann Stadium, Kansas City
Gametime: 8:00 p.m.
Radio: ESPN Radio
Weather: Mostly cloudy, 68 degrees, wind 10 mph
Starting pitchers: TOR LHP David Price (18-5, 2.45 ERA) / KCR RHP Yordano Ventura (13-8, 4.08ERA)
The Blue Jays kept their season alive in Game 5 with a win in Toronto, but now they will have to win in Kansas City to continue playing. They will have their best pitcher, David Price, on the mound, though lately he has provided no guarantees.
Price has struggled this postseason with 13 earned runs in 16 2/3 innings. He got rocked in Game 2 by the Royals and will certainly hope for better results this time around in what could be his final start with the Blue Jays. Price is a free agent after this season.
Opposite Price will be 24-year-old Yordano Ventura, who has also found trouble in the playoffs. He has surrendered nine earned runs in three 2015 postseason outings across 12 1/3 total innings.
With a 3-2 lead in the series, the Royals can clinch their second consecutive World Series berth and a chance to play against the New York Mets. A win for the Blue Jays would set up a decisive Game 7 on Saturday night.
FINAL NL EAST STANDINGS
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2015 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- Whoa. Dusty Baker not returning as Nationals' manager. What comes next?
- Nationals second baseman Daniel Murphy undergoes successful knee surgery
- Bryce Harper thanks Nationals fans for support during 2017 season
- 20 things D.C. sports fans should be really happy about, playoff success or not
- Nationals Game 5 meltdown yet another reminder why D.C. can't have nice things
- With contractual decisions looming, Nats missed chance at stress-free World Series run
- Nationals suffer postseason heartbreak yet again in lengthy, controversial Game 5 loss
- NLDS 2017: Nationals vs. Cubs Game 5 Live Blog
- Nationals place faith in Gio Gonzalez, name him Game 5 starter vs. Cubs
- D.C. Metro extends hours for Nationals vs. Cubs Game 5