Oct 21, 2015, 2:50 PM EDT
ALCS GAME 5: KANSAS CITY ROYALS AT TORONTO BLUE JAYS
Series: Royals lead 3-1
Where: Rogers Centre, Toronto
Gametime: 4:00 p.m.
Radio: ESPN Radio
Starting pitchers: KCR RHP Edinson Volquez (13-9, 3.55 ERA) / TOR RHP Marco Estrada (13-8, 3.13 ERA)
The Blue Jays’ offense looked like it had turned a corner in Game 3, but it was the Royals lineup that exploded on Tuesday to knock R.A. Dickey out early and earn a blowout victory. Now they sit one win away from reaching the World Series for the second consecutive year.
This will be the final game in Toronto for this series, so perhaps the home crowd can give the Blue Jays a lift. They have veteran Marco Estrada set to pitch in his seventh career playoff appearance. He has started two games in this postseason with four earned runs allowed across 11 2/3 innings.
Edinson Volquez will start for Kansas City. He has been solid so far in these playoffs with three earned runs surrendered in 11 2/3 innings.
NLCS GAME 4: NEW YORK METS AT CHICAGO CUBS
Series: Mets lead 3-0
Where: Wrigley Field, Chicago
Gametime: 8:00 p.m.
Radio: ESPN Radio
Weather: Cloudy, 71 degrees, wind 10 mph
Starting pitchers: NYM LHP Steven Matz (4-0, 2.27 ERA) / CHC RHP Jason Hammel (10-7, 3.74 ERA)
The Cubs returned home on Tuesday night only to lose to the Mets and set themselves up for a potential sweep in the NLCS. They will take the field on Wednesday in desperation mode as they hope to keep their magical 2015 season alive.
Jason Hammel will get the ball for Chicago in his just his second outing this postseason. He pitched Game 4 of the NLDS and allowed two runs on three walks and three hits in three innings before getting yanked.
Rookie Steven Matz will start for New York in his second career playoff game. He took the loss in Game 4 of the NLDS after allowing three earned runs on six hits and two walks in five innings pitched.
FINAL NL EAST STANDINGS
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2015 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- Nationals six-game winning streak comes to an end in Los Angeles
- Zimmerman sets franchise HR record, Nationals beat Reds 6-1
- Nationals new reliever Sean Doolittle grew up a Redskins fan
- Daniel Murphy homers twice in 14-4 rout of Reds
- Nationals aquire Doolittle from Athletics
- Bryce Harper homers twice, Nationals beat Reds 5-0
- Dallas fan Bryce Harper casually talks Cowboys with Joe Buck during All Star Game
- Bryce Harper goes "Miami Vice" at the All-star game red carpet
- How Aaron Judge could help the Nationals keep Bryce Harper in Washington
- MLB All-Star Game 2017 how to watch, livestream, starters