Oct 19, 2015, 5:06 PM EDT
ALCS GAME 3: KANSAS CITY ROYALS AT TORONTO BLUE JAYS
Series: Royals lead 2-0
Where: Rogers Centre, Toronto
Gametime: 8:00 p.m.
Radio: ESPN Radio
Starting pitchers: KCR RHP Johnny Cueto (11-13, 3.44 ERA) / TOR RHP Marcus Stroman (4-0, 1.67 ERA)
The AL Championship Series shifts to Toronto on Monday night with the Blue Jays looking to climb themselves out of an 0-2 hole. It is the same deficit they rebounded from in the ALDS against Texas, which was a five-game series, but the Royals look to be a much better team than the Rangers.
The Blue Jays will also have to overcome Johnny Cueto, who was brilliant his last time out. After struggling for months since joining the Royals at the trade deadline, Cueto looked like his old self in Game 5 against the Astros. He went eight innings with two runs allowed on only two hits and zero walks.
Toronto will hope their offense wakes up after scoring only three runs across their last two games. They were the highest-scoring offense in baseball this season and could not be stopped once they got going against the Rangers.
Pitching for the Blue Jays will be right-hander Marcus Stroman. A 24-year-old former first round pick, Stroman has been solid so far this postseason. He has allowed five earned runs in 13 total innings across two starts. With the high-powered Blue Jays offense supporting him, that should be good enough to win in the playoffs. We’ll see if they can put it all together in Game 3 on Monday night.
FINAL NL EAST STANDINGS
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2015 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- Matt Grace, Howie Kendrick lead Nationals past San Diego Padres
- Max Scherzer scratched from start against San Diego, heading to DL
- Mike Rizzo details the rehabilitation process for Bryce Harper to return for Nationals
- Howie Kendrick hits two homeruns for Nationals against former team
- Howie Kendrick's extra-inning grand slam finally puts Nats-Giants series to bed
- Bryce Harper suffers bone bruise in knee
- Bryce Harper injured in Nationals' 3-1 win
- Bryce Harper carried off field with gruesome knee injury after slipping on first base
- Giants-Nationals game postponed after lengthy rain delay
- Andrew Stevenson makes game saving catch to help Nationals beat Marlins