Oct 18, 2015, 6:03 PM EDT
NLCS GAME 2: CHICAGO CUBS AT NEW YORK METS
Series: Mets lead 1-0
Where: Citi Field, New York
Gametime: 8:00 p.m.
Radio: ESPN Radio
Weather: Partly cloudy, 46 degrees, wind 6 mph
Starting pitchers: CHC RHP Jake Arrieta (22-6, 1.77 ERA) / NYM RHP Noah Syndergaard (9-7, 3.24 ERA)
The Mets took the first game of the NL Championship Series thanks to a dominant performance by Matt Harvey, who bested Jon Lester despite the latter’s long history of playoff success. Now the Cubs will turn to Jake Arrieta as they aim to even this series before it heads back to Wrigley Field.
Arrieta has been brilliant this season and the Cubs will need that to continue on Sunday night. The right-hander was solid in his first playoff game when he tossed nine shutout innings against the Pirates in the NL Wild Card game. But in his second outing he struggled with four earned runs in 5 2/3 innings in Game 3 of the NLDS. The Cubs did win that game despite Arrieta’s uneven performance.
Rookie Noah Syndergaard will take the mound for New York with the Mets hoping to take a two-game lead in the series. Syndergaard pitched twice in the NLDS, once as a starter and once as a reliever. He started Game 2 and gave up three earned runs in 6 1/3 innings in a Mets loss. He then threw a scoreless seventh inning in Game 5 highlighted by several pitches that topped 100 miles per hour on the radar gun.
FINAL NL EAST STANDINGS
ON THE RADIO
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- Nationals win 6-2 after Stephen Strasburg leaves in second inning
- Bryce Harper powers Nationals past Diamondbacks
- Nationals lose to Diamondbacks in dramatic fashion
- Nationals six-game winning streak comes to an end in Los Angeles
- Zimmerman sets franchise HR record, Nationals beat Reds 6-1
- Nationals new reliever Sean Doolittle grew up a Redskins fan
- Daniel Murphy homers twice in 14-4 rout of Reds
- Nationals aquire Doolittle from Athletics
- Bryce Harper homers twice, Nationals beat Reds 5-0
- Dallas fan Bryce Harper casually talks Cowboys with Joe Buck during All Star Game