Oct 15, 2015, 6:43 PM EDT
NLDS GAME 5: LOS ANGELES DODGERS AT NEW YORK METS
Series: Tied at 2-2
Where: Dodger Stadium, Los Angeles
Gametime: 8:00 p.m.
Radio: ESPN Radio
Weather: Mostly sunny, 74 degrees, wind 8 mph
Starting pitchers: NYM RHP Jacob deGrom (14-8, 2.54 ERA) / LAD RHP Zack Greinke (19-3, 1.66 ERA)
The 2015 MLB Playoffs just keep on getting better. Wednesday featured one of the most memorable postseason games in recent history and on the schedule for tonight is one of the best possible pitching matchups today’s game can offer.
The NL Cy Young award ballot will have both Jacob deGrom and Zack Greinke’s names up near the top, as both had tremendous seasons for their respective teams. Now the two right-handers square off in a do-or-die Game 5 that will determine who gets to take on the upstart Chicago Cubs in the NLCS.
Greinke, 31, led the National League in ERA and is coming off a strong performance in Game 2 of this NLDS. He went seven innings with two earned runs and eight strikeouts. The former Cy Young-winner has a 3.48 ERA in eight total playoff appearances.
deGrom pitched Game 1 of the series and led the Mets to victory with seven shutout innings and 13 strikeouts. That was also on the road in Los Angeles, where he will have to pitch tonight with both teams hoping to keep their season alive.
FINAL NL EAST STANDINGS
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2015 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- Nationals' offense remains quiet in 2-0 loss to Toronto
- What to watch for in Major League Baseball this weekend
- MLB reveals 2018 All-Star Game uniforms taking place at Nationals Park
- Nats prospect update: Fedde hit hard in second start, but Soto continues to impress
- Mark Lerner takes control of Nationals from father Ted
- Juan Soto crushes two homers in Nats win over Yankees
- While you were watching the Caps win the Stanley Cup, here's what the Nats have been up to
- Mike Rizzo wants anonymous Bryce Harper critic to 'put your name on it'
- Harper is hit twice by pitches and Yankees top Nats
- Murphy activated off DL, to make season debut for Nats