Oct 15, 2015, 6:43 PM EDT
NLDS GAME 5: LOS ANGELES DODGERS AT NEW YORK METS
Series: Tied at 2-2
Where: Dodger Stadium, Los Angeles
Gametime: 8:00 p.m.
Radio: ESPN Radio
Weather: Mostly sunny, 74 degrees, wind 8 mph
Starting pitchers: NYM RHP Jacob deGrom (14-8, 2.54 ERA) / LAD RHP Zack Greinke (19-3, 1.66 ERA)
The 2015 MLB Playoffs just keep on getting better. Wednesday featured one of the most memorable postseason games in recent history and on the schedule for tonight is one of the best possible pitching matchups today’s game can offer.
The NL Cy Young award ballot will have both Jacob deGrom and Zack Greinke’s names up near the top, as both had tremendous seasons for their respective teams. Now the two right-handers square off in a do-or-die Game 5 that will determine who gets to take on the upstart Chicago Cubs in the NLCS.
Greinke, 31, led the National League in ERA and is coming off a strong performance in Game 2 of this NLDS. He went seven innings with two earned runs and eight strikeouts. The former Cy Young-winner has a 3.48 ERA in eight total playoff appearances.
deGrom pitched Game 1 of the series and led the Mets to victory with seven shutout innings and 13 strikeouts. That was also on the road in Los Angeles, where he will have to pitch tonight with both teams hoping to keep their season alive.
FINAL NL EAST STANDINGS
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2015 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- Nationals' Joe Ross to start against team that drafted him
- Stephen Strasburg has career-high 15 strikeouts in Nationals win over Padres
- Nationals players visit local little league baseball teams
- Bryce Harper launches mammoth home run into third deck at National Park
- Max Scherzer absolutely dominates Padres, piles up 13 strikeouts
- Anthony Rendon homers in third straight game, but Nationals fall to Mariners in series finale
- Nats beat Mariners behind Joe Ross' career day in return from minors
- WATCH: Werth and Harper go back-to-back, Rendon hits 2 HRs in Nats win
- Nationals beat Braves, snap losing skid behind Stephen Strasburg's strong start
- 2017 MLB Power Rankings: As Bryce Harper goes, so do the Nationals