Oct 6, 2015, 12:00 PM EDT
CSN’s special SportsNet Central on Matt Williams’ firing that aired last night featured a lot of looking back, as it was a tumultuous two years with Williams in the dugout. But Mark, Joe Orsulak and Sebastian Salazar also spun the situation forward to look ahead at who could be the next manager.
The Nationals are in the early stages of a process that will likely take weeks. They have to find their next manager, a leader who will hopefully achieve better results than Williams.
This first video looks at the most likely candidates at this point:
In this second clip, I explain how the Nats could target managers currently under contract with other teams:
And finally, here are Mark, Joe and Sebastian on the possibility Cal Ripken, Jr. could be considered for the job:
FINAL NL EAST STANDINGS
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2015 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- Did Max Scherzer's dance moves cause the Junkies' broadcast to lose power?
- MLB 2018 Power Rankings: Preseason Edition
- The sound of Bryce Harper's first spring training HR is beautiful
- Per usual, Max Scherzer strikes out Tim Tebow on three pitches
- Camels and players bond at Nats Spring Training
- Nationals Spring Training Schedule 2018
- With Ross placed on 60-day DL, Nationals agree to 1-year deal with veteran reliever
- It's Day 1 of spring training and Bryce Harper is already done taking questions regarding his future
- May the odds be ever in your favor: Vegas sets over/unders for 2018 MLB season
- Former Nationals pitcher Esteban Loaiza arrested with more than 40 pounds of suspected cocaine