Oct 6, 2015, 12:00 PM EST
CSN’s special SportsNet Central on Matt Williams’ firing that aired last night featured a lot of looking back, as it was a tumultuous two years with Williams in the dugout. But Mark, Joe Orsulak and Sebastian Salazar also spun the situation forward to look ahead at who could be the next manager.
The Nationals are in the early stages of a process that will likely take weeks. They have to find their next manager, a leader who will hopefully achieve better results than Williams.
This first video looks at the most likely candidates at this point:
In this second clip, I explain how the Nats could target managers currently under contract with other teams:
And finally, here are Mark, Joe and Sebastian on the possibility Cal Ripken, Jr. could be considered for the job:
FINAL NL EAST STANDINGS
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2015 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- Why Bryce Harper would be a bargain at $500 million
- Nats' Max Scherzer wins second straight NL Cy Young Award
- Max Scherzer and Ryan Zimmerman receive honors from fellow ballplayers
- Two-time Cy Young winner Roy Halladay dies in Gulf of Mexico plane crash
- Nationals' Scherzer, Strasburg named two of the three NL Cy Young finalists
- Matt Wieters will return to Nationals in 2018 with player-option
- Houston Astros shut out lights in Hollywood, bring home first World Series title
- Is Bryce Harper flirting with Chicago?
- Whoa. Dusty Baker not returning as Nationals' manager. What comes next?
- Nationals second baseman Daniel Murphy undergoes successful knee surgery