Oct 6, 2015, 12:00 PM EDT
CSN’s special SportsNet Central on Matt Williams’ firing that aired last night featured a lot of looking back, as it was a tumultuous two years with Williams in the dugout. But Mark, Joe Orsulak and Sebastian Salazar also spun the situation forward to look ahead at who could be the next manager.
The Nationals are in the early stages of a process that will likely take weeks. They have to find their next manager, a leader who will hopefully achieve better results than Williams.
This first video looks at the most likely candidates at this point:
In this second clip, I explain how the Nats could target managers currently under contract with other teams:
And finally, here are Mark, Joe and Sebastian on the possibility Cal Ripken, Jr. could be considered for the job:
FINAL NL EAST STANDINGS
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2015 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- Matt Grace, Howie Kendrick lead Nationals past San Diego Padres
- Max Scherzer scratched from start against San Diego, heading to DL
- Mike Rizzo details the rehabilitation process for Bryce Harper to return for Nationals
- Howie Kendrick hits two homeruns for Nationals against former team
- Howie Kendrick's extra-inning grand slam finally puts Nats-Giants series to bed
- Bryce Harper suffers bone bruise in knee
- Bryce Harper injured in Nationals' 3-1 win
- Bryce Harper carried off field with gruesome knee injury after slipping on first base
- Giants-Nationals game postponed after lengthy rain delay
- Andrew Stevenson makes game saving catch to help Nationals beat Marlins