Oct 6, 2015, 12:00 PM EDT
CSN’s special SportsNet Central on Matt Williams’ firing that aired last night featured a lot of looking back, as it was a tumultuous two years with Williams in the dugout. But Mark, Joe Orsulak and Sebastian Salazar also spun the situation forward to look ahead at who could be the next manager.
The Nationals are in the early stages of a process that will likely take weeks. They have to find their next manager, a leader who will hopefully achieve better results than Williams.
This first video looks at the most likely candidates at this point:
In this second clip, I explain how the Nats could target managers currently under contract with other teams:
And finally, here are Mark, Joe and Sebastian on the possibility Cal Ripken, Jr. could be considered for the job:
FINAL NL EAST STANDINGS
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2015 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- Nats' bats remain red-hot in freezing cold Denver
- Nationals place Koda Glover on DL due to hip injury
- Trea Turner hits for the cycle despite freezing Colorado temperature
- Bryce Harper named National League Player of the Week
- Charlie Blackmon hits 2-run homer, Rockies beat Nationals 8-4
- Murphy, Scherzer slam Mets with 7th straight win
- Daniel Murphy strikes again vs. Mets with second career grand slam
- MLB Power Rankings: The Beltway gets well represented
- Gio Gonzalez leads Nats to 6th straight win with 3-1 victory against Mets
- Nationals win fifth in a row as Harper powers Nats past Mets