Oct 5, 2015, 10:40 PM EDT
CSN aired a special edition of SportsNet Central on Monday night, the day Matt Williams was fired as Nationals manager. Mark, Joe Orsulak and host Sebastian Salazar broke down the Nats’ decision to part ways with Williams just one year after he was named NL’s best manager.
They gave reasons why they believe he was cut loose and also analyzed GM Mike Rizzo’s role in all of it.
This first clip is a simple look back at Williams’ tenure which included some significant ups and downs:
In this second video, Mark and Orsulak react to Williams’ firing:
In this next clip, they break down the reasons why Williams was let go:
This last video examines how much blame Rizzo should receive for Williams’ failed tenure:
FINAL NL EAST STANDINGS
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2015 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- Nationals stage spirited rally in ninth but fall just short in series opener vs. Cubs
- 2017 MLB Power Rankings: The Dodgers don't lose anymore
- Ten very good Pups in the Park who don't care that the Nats lost
- Nationals can't overcome Tanner Roark's first inning, lose to Reds
- Trea Turner has a career game as Nats clobber Reds
- Harper's 10th-inning single lifts Nationals past Reds 6-5
- Max Scherzer's bid for third no-hitter ends in heartbreak
- The Nats got hot Tuesday in Miami with 12-3 win over Marlins
- Tanner Roark unable to preserve six-run lead before Marlins walk off Nationals in ninth
- Jacob DeGrom denies Nationals sweep of Mets on Father's Day