Oct 5, 2015, 10:40 PM EST
CSN aired a special edition of SportsNet Central on Monday night, the day Matt Williams was fired as Nationals manager. Mark, Joe Orsulak and host Sebastian Salazar broke down the Nats’ decision to part ways with Williams just one year after he was named NL’s best manager.
They gave reasons why they believe he was cut loose and also analyzed GM Mike Rizzo’s role in all of it.
This first clip is a simple look back at Williams’ tenure which included some significant ups and downs:
In this second video, Mark and Orsulak react to Williams’ firing:
In this next clip, they break down the reasons why Williams was let go:
This last video examines how much blame Rizzo should receive for Williams’ failed tenure:
FINAL NL EAST STANDINGS
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2015 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- Max Scherzer Giving Away Memorabilia For Good Cause
- Why Bryce Harper would be a bargain at $500 million
- Nats' Max Scherzer wins second straight NL Cy Young Award
- Max Scherzer and Ryan Zimmerman receive honors from fellow ballplayers
- Two-time Cy Young winner Roy Halladay dies in Gulf of Mexico plane crash
- Nationals' Scherzer, Strasburg named two of the three NL Cy Young finalists
- Matt Wieters will return to Nationals in 2018 with player-option
- Houston Astros shut out lights in Hollywood, bring home first World Series title
- Is Bryce Harper flirting with Chicago?
- Whoa. Dusty Baker not returning as Nationals' manager. What comes next?