Oct 5, 2015, 10:40 PM EDT
CSN aired a special edition of SportsNet Central on Monday night, the day Matt Williams was fired as Nationals manager. Mark, Joe Orsulak and host Sebastian Salazar broke down the Nats’ decision to part ways with Williams just one year after he was named NL’s best manager.
They gave reasons why they believe he was cut loose and also analyzed GM Mike Rizzo’s role in all of it.
This first clip is a simple look back at Williams’ tenure which included some significant ups and downs:
In this second video, Mark and Orsulak react to Williams’ firing:
In this next clip, they break down the reasons why Williams was let go:
This last video examines how much blame Rizzo should receive for Williams’ failed tenure:
FINAL NL EAST STANDINGS
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2015 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- Bryce Harper named National League Player of the Week
- Murphy, Scherzer slam Mets with 7th straight win
- Daniel Murphy strikes again vs. Mets with second career grand slam
- MLB Power Rankings: The Beltway gets well represented
- Gio Gonzalez leads Nats to 6th straight win with 3-1 victory against Mets
- Nationals win fifth in a row as Harper powers Nats past Mets
- Nationals pick up sweep of Braves behind Stephen Strasburg's strong night
- Bryce Harper has monster night as Nats slam Braves 14-4
- Jayson Werth leaves Nationals game vs. Braves with undisclosed injury
- Bryce Harper mashes grand slam, continues dominance of helpless Braves pitcher