Sep 28, 2015, 12:01 AM EST
It has been hours since the Nationals’ game ended and the media left the clubhouse, and yet it is still hard for me to believe what happened. Who could have predicted the Nats season would take such a turn just one day after they were officially eliminated from the playoff race?
There is still so much to process from the fight between Jonathan Papelbon and Bryce Harper. Among the questions that will need to be answered are what the Nats will now do with Papelbon. Can he stay on this roster?
Mark tackled that subject along with Joe Orsulak and host Sebastian Salazar on Sunday night’s episode of ‘The Baseball Show.’ They also hit on other angles of the story and I gave my description of what it was like to cover the day itself.
What should the Nats do with Papelbon?
What the Nats clubhouse was like after the fight:
Nats have not been the same team since they traded for Papelbon:
The biggest questions that still need to be answered:
Papelbon apologizes, admits fault in altercation with Harper:
Harper tight-lipped about what happened:
FINAL NL EAST STANDINGS
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2015 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- Bryce Harper enjoyed the story of Alex Luey and Ovechkin's hat trick for the young cancer survivor
- Max Scherzer Giving Away Memorabilia For Good Cause
- Why Bryce Harper would be a bargain at $500 million
- Nats' Max Scherzer wins second straight NL Cy Young Award
- Max Scherzer and Ryan Zimmerman receive honors from fellow ballplayers
- Two-time Cy Young winner Roy Halladay dies in Gulf of Mexico plane crash
- Nationals' Scherzer, Strasburg named two of the three NL Cy Young finalists
- Matt Wieters will return to Nationals in 2018 with player-option
- Houston Astros shut out lights in Hollywood, bring home first World Series title
- Is Bryce Harper flirting with Chicago?