Sep 28, 2015, 12:01 AM EDT
It has been hours since the Nationals’ game ended and the media left the clubhouse, and yet it is still hard for me to believe what happened. Who could have predicted the Nats season would take such a turn just one day after they were officially eliminated from the playoff race?
There is still so much to process from the fight between Jonathan Papelbon and Bryce Harper. Among the questions that will need to be answered are what the Nats will now do with Papelbon. Can he stay on this roster?
Mark tackled that subject along with Joe Orsulak and host Sebastian Salazar on Sunday night’s episode of ‘The Baseball Show.’ They also hit on other angles of the story and I gave my description of what it was like to cover the day itself.
What should the Nats do with Papelbon?
What the Nats clubhouse was like after the fight:
Nats have not been the same team since they traded for Papelbon:
The biggest questions that still need to be answered:
Papelbon apologizes, admits fault in altercation with Harper:
Harper tight-lipped about what happened:
FINAL NL EAST STANDINGS
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2015 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- Nationals offense provides no support in Strasburg's return
- Matt Grace, Howie Kendrick lead Nationals past San Diego Padres
- Max Scherzer scratched from start against San Diego, heading to DL
- Mike Rizzo details the rehabilitation process for Bryce Harper to return for Nationals
- Howie Kendrick hits two homeruns for Nationals against former team
- Howie Kendrick's extra-inning grand slam finally puts Nats-Giants series to bed
- Bryce Harper suffers bone bruise in knee
- Bryce Harper injured in Nationals' 3-1 win
- Bryce Harper carried off field with gruesome knee injury after slipping on first base
- Giants-Nationals game postponed after lengthy rain delay