Sep 26, 2015, 3:46 PM EDT
The Nationals gave out their annual minor league awards on Saturday, naming first baseman Jose Marmolejos their minor league player of the year and right-hander Austin Voth their minor league pitcher of the year.
Pitcher Austen Williams also received the Bob Boone Award, given to a player who exemplifies professionalism and work ethic, among other things.
Marmolejos, 22, hit .310 with 11 homers, 39 doubles and 87 RBI in 124 games for Single-A Potomac. Voth, 23, held a 2.92 ERA with 148 strikeouts in 157 1/3 innings for Double-A Harrisburg.
Here is a full list of the Nats’ organization award winners since they started handing them out in 2005:
2015 – 1B Jose Marmolejos; RHP Austin Voth
2014 – OF Steven Souza, Jr.; RHP Lucas Giolito
2013 – OF Billy Burns; RHP Taylor Jordan
2012 – INF Matt Skole; RHP Nathan Karns
2011 – INF Steve Lombardozzi; RHP Brad Peacock
2010 – OF Tyler Moore; LHP Tommy Milone
2009 – C Derek Norris; RHP Brad Meyers
2008 – OF Leonard Davis; RHP Jordan Zimmermann
2007 – OF Justin Maxwell; LHP John Lannan
2006 – INF Kory Casto; RHP Zech Zinicola
2005 – INF Kory Casto; LHP Michael O’Connor
FINAL NL EAST STANDINGS
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2015 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- Nationals offense provides no support in Strasburg's return
- Matt Grace, Howie Kendrick lead Nationals past San Diego Padres
- Max Scherzer scratched from start against San Diego, heading to DL
- Mike Rizzo details the rehabilitation process for Bryce Harper to return for Nationals
- Howie Kendrick hits two homeruns for Nationals against former team
- Howie Kendrick's extra-inning grand slam finally puts Nats-Giants series to bed
- Bryce Harper suffers bone bruise in knee
- Bryce Harper injured in Nationals' 3-1 win
- Bryce Harper carried off field with gruesome knee injury after slipping on first base
- Giants-Nationals game postponed after lengthy rain delay