Sep 25, 2015, 2:04 PM EDT
On this week’s episode of ‘Baseball in the District’ we brought on Al Galdi of ESPN 980 to break down the Nats-Orioles series and discuss many other topics regarding Bryce Harper, Matt Williams and the Nationals’ future.
With Galdi we talked about the Manny Machado vs. Jonathan Papelbon fiasco, Williams’ future and where Harper’s season ranks in baseball history. We also went into the idea of whether Harper is the best current athlete in the four major sports (MLB, NFL, NBA, NHL).
Before talking to Al, Tim Murray and I gave our most disappointing players of the 2015 season. And after we talked to him we debated whether the Mets have what it takes to go on a long run in October.
You can listen to the show on ESPN 980 or download the show on iTunes by searching ‘Baseball in the District.’
FINAL NL EAST STANDINGS
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2015 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- Nationals win 6-2 after Stephen Strasburg leaves in second inning
- Bryce Harper powers Nationals past Diamondbacks
- Nationals lose to Diamondbacks in dramatic fashion
- Nationals six-game winning streak comes to an end in Los Angeles
- Zimmerman sets franchise HR record, Nationals beat Reds 6-1
- Nationals new reliever Sean Doolittle grew up a Redskins fan
- Daniel Murphy homers twice in 14-4 rout of Reds
- Nationals aquire Doolittle from Athletics
- Bryce Harper homers twice, Nationals beat Reds 5-0
- Dallas fan Bryce Harper casually talks Cowboys with Joe Buck during All Star Game