Sep 25, 2015, 2:04 PM EST
On this week’s episode of ‘Baseball in the District’ we brought on Al Galdi of ESPN 980 to break down the Nats-Orioles series and discuss many other topics regarding Bryce Harper, Matt Williams and the Nationals’ future.
With Galdi we talked about the Manny Machado vs. Jonathan Papelbon fiasco, Williams’ future and where Harper’s season ranks in baseball history. We also went into the idea of whether Harper is the best current athlete in the four major sports (MLB, NFL, NBA, NHL).
Before talking to Al, Tim Murray and I gave our most disappointing players of the 2015 season. And after we talked to him we debated whether the Mets have what it takes to go on a long run in October.
You can listen to the show on ESPN 980 or download the show on iTunes by searching ‘Baseball in the District.’
FINAL NL EAST STANDINGS
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2015 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- Why Bryce Harper would be a bargain at $500 million
- Nats' Max Scherzer wins second straight NL Cy Young Award
- Max Scherzer and Ryan Zimmerman receive honors from fellow ballplayers
- Two-time Cy Young winner Roy Halladay dies in Gulf of Mexico plane crash
- Nationals' Scherzer, Strasburg named two of the three NL Cy Young finalists
- Matt Wieters will return to Nationals in 2018 with player-option
- Houston Astros shut out lights in Hollywood, bring home first World Series title
- Is Bryce Harper flirting with Chicago?
- Whoa. Dusty Baker not returning as Nationals' manager. What comes next?
- Nationals second baseman Daniel Murphy undergoes successful knee surgery