Sep 22, 2015, 6:00 AM EST
Bryce Harper was named co-NL player of the week on Monday along with teammate Stephen Strasburg. It was the third time this season Harper has earned the honors, having also won in back-to-back weeks in May.
With how good Harper has been this season, those will likely not be the only awards he wins. There are only two weeks left on the schedule and by now it is clear that Harper should be the National League’s most valuable player.
Mark made his case for Harper to win MVP on this week’s episode of The Baseball Show along with Joe Orsulak and host Sebastian Salazar. They continued that discussion by comparing Harper to Mike Trout and posing the question of whether Harper is now better than the Angels superstar.
Check it out:
FINAL NL EAST STANDINGS
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2015 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- Max Scherzer Giving Away Memorabilia For Good Cause
- Why Bryce Harper would be a bargain at $500 million
- Nats' Max Scherzer wins second straight NL Cy Young Award
- Max Scherzer and Ryan Zimmerman receive honors from fellow ballplayers
- Two-time Cy Young winner Roy Halladay dies in Gulf of Mexico plane crash
- Nationals' Scherzer, Strasburg named two of the three NL Cy Young finalists
- Matt Wieters will return to Nationals in 2018 with player-option
- Houston Astros shut out lights in Hollywood, bring home first World Series title
- Is Bryce Harper flirting with Chicago?
- Whoa. Dusty Baker not returning as Nationals' manager. What comes next?