Sep 22, 2015, 6:00 AM EDT
Bryce Harper was named co-NL player of the week on Monday along with teammate Stephen Strasburg. It was the third time this season Harper has earned the honors, having also won in back-to-back weeks in May.
With how good Harper has been this season, those will likely not be the only awards he wins. There are only two weeks left on the schedule and by now it is clear that Harper should be the National League’s most valuable player.
Mark made his case for Harper to win MVP on this week’s episode of The Baseball Show along with Joe Orsulak and host Sebastian Salazar. They continued that discussion by comparing Harper to Mike Trout and posing the question of whether Harper is now better than the Angels superstar.
Check it out:
FINAL NL EAST STANDINGS
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2015 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- MLB 2018 Power Rankings: Preseason Edition
- The sound of Bryce Harper's first spring training HR is beautiful
- Per usual, Max Scherzer strikes out Tim Tebow on three pitches
- Camels and players bond at Nats Spring Training
- Nationals Spring Training Schedule 2018
- With Ross placed on 60-day DL, Nationals agree to 1-year deal with veteran reliever
- It's Day 1 of spring training and Bryce Harper is already done taking questions regarding his future
- May the odds be ever in your favor: Vegas sets over/unders for 2018 MLB season
- Former Nationals pitcher Esteban Loaiza arrested with more than 40 pounds of suspected cocaine
- 2018 Spring Training report dates