Sep 22, 2015, 6:00 AM EDT
Bryce Harper was named co-NL player of the week on Monday along with teammate Stephen Strasburg. It was the third time this season Harper has earned the honors, having also won in back-to-back weeks in May.
With how good Harper has been this season, those will likely not be the only awards he wins. There are only two weeks left on the schedule and by now it is clear that Harper should be the National League’s most valuable player.
Mark made his case for Harper to win MVP on this week’s episode of The Baseball Show along with Joe Orsulak and host Sebastian Salazar. They continued that discussion by comparing Harper to Mike Trout and posing the question of whether Harper is now better than the Angels superstar.
Check it out:
FINAL NL EAST STANDINGS
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2015 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- Mike Rizzo details the rehabilitation process for Bryce Harper to return for Nationals
- Howie Kendrick hits two homeruns for Nationals against former team
- Howie Kendrick's extra-inning grand slam finally puts Nats-Giants series to bed
- Bryce Harper suffers bone bruise in knee
- Bryce Harper injured in Nationals' 3-1 win
- Bryce Harper carried off field with gruesome knee injury after slipping on first base
- Giants-Nationals game postponed after lengthy rain delay
- Andrew Stevenson makes game saving catch to help Nationals beat Marlins
- All nickname jerseys for the Washington Nationals
- Ryan Zimmerman breaks franchise record against Marlins