Sep 21, 2015, 3:34 PM EDT
You know, it wasn’t all that long ago that a series between the Nationals and Orioles in late-September looked like something to get excited about. Now … not so much. Technically, both clubs are still alive. Realistically, both clubs need a miracle. (The Nats’ playoff odds currently stand at 2.1 percent, according to Fangraphs; the Orioles’ odds stand at 0.2 percent.)
The Nationals have, however, won seven of their last eight. They’ll be sending Gio Gonzalez to the mound, coming off a 12-strikeout start in Philadelphia. Ubaldo Jimenez starts for the Orioles, who have won eight of their last 12. Updates to come, so please check back…
UPDATE AT 8:17 P.M. — The game has been postponed due to rain. It will be made up at 4:05 p.m. Thursday.
BALTIMORE ORIOLES at WASHINGTON NATIONALS
Where: Nationals Park
Gametime: 7:05 p.m. EDT
TV: MASN, MASN2, MLB.tv
Radio: 92.7 FM, 94.3 FM, 106.7 FM, 980 AM, 1500 AM, XM 183/869
Weather: Chance of rain, 68 degrees, Wind 9 mph in from CF
2B Anthony Rendon
3B Yunel Escobar
RF Bryce Harper
LF Jayson Werth
1B Clint Robinson
SS Ian Desmond
CF Michael Taylor
C Jose Lobaton
LHP Gio Gonzalez
LF Nolan Reimold
3B Manny Machado
1B Chris Davis
RF Steve Pearce
2B Jonathan Schoop
C Caleb Joseph
SS J.J. Hardy
CF Junior Lake
RHP Ubaldo Jimenez
HP Brian O’Nora (cc)
1B Mark Ripperger
2B Ed Hickox
3B Alan Porter
6:30 p.m. — Well, it’s been raining pretty steadily since about 4:30 p.m., and the announcement just came that the start of the game is being delayed. Stay tuned.
8:17 p.m. — The game has been postponed due to rain. It will be made up at 4:05 p.m. Thursday.
FINAL NL EAST STANDINGS
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2015 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- Nationals stage spirited rally in ninth but fall just short in series opener vs. Cubs
- 2017 MLB Power Rankings: The Dodgers don't lose anymore
- Ten very good Pups in the Park who don't care that the Nats lost
- Nationals can't overcome Tanner Roark's first inning, lose to Reds
- Trea Turner has a career game as Nats clobber Reds
- Harper's 10th-inning single lifts Nationals past Reds 6-5
- Max Scherzer's bid for third no-hitter ends in heartbreak
- The Nats got hot Tuesday in Miami with 12-3 win over Marlins
- Tanner Roark unable to preserve six-run lead before Marlins walk off Nationals in ninth
- Jacob DeGrom denies Nationals sweep of Mets on Father's Day