Sep 17, 2015, 1:21 PM EDT
For the first time in two years of doing ‘Baseball in the District,’ we did an episode with no guests. Frankly, there was plenty to talk about already regarding the Nats, even as their hopes for a playoff berth continue to drift away.
Tim Murray and I talked about Bryce Harper’s historic season and what he may now be capable of as he continues to mature as a player. We also discussed Drew Storen’s injury and what it means for his future with the Nationals.
There are still 17 games left, so we each broke down what we will be watching over the last two weeks. And, of course, we also talked about the future of Matt Williams, as that continues to be a pertinent subject these days.
You can listen to the show on ESPN 980’s website or download it on iTunes.
FINAL NL EAST STANDINGS
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2015 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- Did Max Scherzer's dance moves cause the Junkies' broadcast to lose power?
- MLB 2018 Power Rankings: Preseason Edition
- The sound of Bryce Harper's first spring training HR is beautiful
- Per usual, Max Scherzer strikes out Tim Tebow on three pitches
- Camels and players bond at Nats Spring Training
- Nationals Spring Training Schedule 2018
- With Ross placed on 60-day DL, Nationals agree to 1-year deal with veteran reliever
- It's Day 1 of spring training and Bryce Harper is already done taking questions regarding his future
- May the odds be ever in your favor: Vegas sets over/unders for 2018 MLB season
- Former Nationals pitcher Esteban Loaiza arrested with more than 40 pounds of suspected cocaine