Sep 17, 2015, 1:21 PM EDT
For the first time in two years of doing ‘Baseball in the District,’ we did an episode with no guests. Frankly, there was plenty to talk about already regarding the Nats, even as their hopes for a playoff berth continue to drift away.
Tim Murray and I talked about Bryce Harper’s historic season and what he may now be capable of as he continues to mature as a player. We also discussed Drew Storen’s injury and what it means for his future with the Nationals.
There are still 17 games left, so we each broke down what we will be watching over the last two weeks. And, of course, we also talked about the future of Matt Williams, as that continues to be a pertinent subject these days.
You can listen to the show on ESPN 980’s website or download it on iTunes.
FINAL NL EAST STANDINGS
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2015 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- Howie Kendrick hits two homeruns for Nationals against former team
- Howie Kendrick's extra-inning grand slam finally puts Nats-Giants series to bed
- Bryce Harper suffers bone bruise in knee
- Bryce Harper injured in Nationals' 3-1 win
- Bryce Harper carried off field with gruesome knee injury after slipping on first base
- Giants-Nationals game postponed after lengthy rain delay
- Andrew Stevenson makes game saving catch to help Nationals beat Marlins
- All nickname jerseys for the Washington Nationals
- Ryan Zimmerman breaks franchise record against Marlins
- Not even the Nationals can slow down Giancarlo Stanton