Sep 17, 2015, 1:21 PM EDT
For the first time in two years of doing ‘Baseball in the District,’ we did an episode with no guests. Frankly, there was plenty to talk about already regarding the Nats, even as their hopes for a playoff berth continue to drift away.
Tim Murray and I talked about Bryce Harper’s historic season and what he may now be capable of as he continues to mature as a player. We also discussed Drew Storen’s injury and what it means for his future with the Nationals.
There are still 17 games left, so we each broke down what we will be watching over the last two weeks. And, of course, we also talked about the future of Matt Williams, as that continues to be a pertinent subject these days.
You can listen to the show on ESPN 980’s website or download it on iTunes.
FINAL NL EAST STANDINGS
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2015 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- Nats' bats remain red-hot in freezing cold Denver
- Nationals place Koda Glover on DL due to hip injury
- Trea Turner hits for the cycle despite freezing Colorado temperature
- Bryce Harper named National League Player of the Week
- Charlie Blackmon hits 2-run homer, Rockies beat Nationals 8-4
- Murphy, Scherzer slam Mets with 7th straight win
- Daniel Murphy strikes again vs. Mets with second career grand slam
- MLB Power Rankings: The Beltway gets well represented
- Gio Gonzalez leads Nats to 6th straight win with 3-1 victory against Mets
- Nationals win fifth in a row as Harper powers Nats past Mets