Sep 17, 2015, 1:21 PM EST
For the first time in two years of doing ‘Baseball in the District,’ we did an episode with no guests. Frankly, there was plenty to talk about already regarding the Nats, even as their hopes for a playoff berth continue to drift away.
Tim Murray and I talked about Bryce Harper’s historic season and what he may now be capable of as he continues to mature as a player. We also discussed Drew Storen’s injury and what it means for his future with the Nationals.
There are still 17 games left, so we each broke down what we will be watching over the last two weeks. And, of course, we also talked about the future of Matt Williams, as that continues to be a pertinent subject these days.
You can listen to the show on ESPN 980’s website or download it on iTunes.
FINAL NL EAST STANDINGS
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2015 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- Max Scherzer Giving Away Memorabilia For Good Cause
- Why Bryce Harper would be a bargain at $500 million
- Nats' Max Scherzer wins second straight NL Cy Young Award
- Max Scherzer and Ryan Zimmerman receive honors from fellow ballplayers
- Two-time Cy Young winner Roy Halladay dies in Gulf of Mexico plane crash
- Nationals' Scherzer, Strasburg named two of the three NL Cy Young finalists
- Matt Wieters will return to Nationals in 2018 with player-option
- Houston Astros shut out lights in Hollywood, bring home first World Series title
- Is Bryce Harper flirting with Chicago?
- Whoa. Dusty Baker not returning as Nationals' manager. What comes next?