Sep 17, 2015, 1:21 PM EDT
For the first time in two years of doing ‘Baseball in the District,’ we did an episode with no guests. Frankly, there was plenty to talk about already regarding the Nats, even as their hopes for a playoff berth continue to drift away.
Tim Murray and I talked about Bryce Harper’s historic season and what he may now be capable of as he continues to mature as a player. We also discussed Drew Storen’s injury and what it means for his future with the Nationals.
There are still 17 games left, so we each broke down what we will be watching over the last two weeks. And, of course, we also talked about the future of Matt Williams, as that continues to be a pertinent subject these days.
You can listen to the show on ESPN 980’s website or download it on iTunes.
FINAL NL EAST STANDINGS
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2015 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- Watch Max Scherzer strike out Tim Tebow on just three pitches
- 2017 ballpark foods that are way better than peanuts and Cracker Jack
- Nationals Ace Max Scherzer will not be team's opening day starter
- Nationals' Tanner Roark pitches 4 scoreless innings in US defeat of Japan in WBC
- Tanner Roark to start in World Baseball Classic semifinals against Japan on Tuesday
- Dusty Baker concerned about Daniel Murphy not playing in World Baseball Classic
- Pitcher Max Scherzer 'probably not' starting for Nationals on opening day
- After tough 2016, Bryce Harper looks dominant in spring training
- Report: Nationals sign John Lannan to minor league deal
- Max Scherzer knuckles down, comes up with new fastball grip