Sep 14, 2015, 7:38 AM EDT
Amazing how much can change in just one week. Only seven days ago, the Nationals were riding some positive momentum, heading into their critical series against the Mets a manageable 4 games back, with a chance to thrust themselves right back into the NL East race.
That, of course, didn’t happen. After a disastrous sweep in that series, then a couple more losses to open the weekend in Miami, the Nationals managed to drop 5 1/2 games in the standings in six days, leaving them an insurmountable 9 1/2 games back.
Which means it’s time to begin turning the page on 2015 and looking ahead to 2016. Which is exactly what we did last night on The Baseball Show.
In this first clip, we discuss the fate of manager Matt Williams, plus a couple of the Nationals’ pending free agents…
In this clip, we look at Drew Storen’s future after his recent implosion and self-inflicted injury…
And in this clip, Chase looks at a top prospect who may figure into the Nationals’ plans for 2016…
FINAL NL EAST STANDINGS
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2015 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- Nats' bats remain red-hot in freezing cold Denver
- Nationals place Koda Glover on DL due to hip injury
- Trea Turner hits for the cycle despite freezing Colorado temperature
- Bryce Harper named National League Player of the Week
- Charlie Blackmon hits 2-run homer, Rockies beat Nationals 8-4
- Murphy, Scherzer slam Mets with 7th straight win
- Daniel Murphy strikes again vs. Mets with second career grand slam
- MLB Power Rankings: The Beltway gets well represented
- Gio Gonzalez leads Nats to 6th straight win with 3-1 victory against Mets
- Nationals win fifth in a row as Harper powers Nats past Mets