Sep 14, 2015, 7:38 AM EST
Amazing how much can change in just one week. Only seven days ago, the Nationals were riding some positive momentum, heading into their critical series against the Mets a manageable 4 games back, with a chance to thrust themselves right back into the NL East race.
That, of course, didn’t happen. After a disastrous sweep in that series, then a couple more losses to open the weekend in Miami, the Nationals managed to drop 5 1/2 games in the standings in six days, leaving them an insurmountable 9 1/2 games back.
Which means it’s time to begin turning the page on 2015 and looking ahead to 2016. Which is exactly what we did last night on The Baseball Show.
In this first clip, we discuss the fate of manager Matt Williams, plus a couple of the Nationals’ pending free agents…
In this clip, we look at Drew Storen’s future after his recent implosion and self-inflicted injury…
And in this clip, Chase looks at a top prospect who may figure into the Nationals’ plans for 2016…
FINAL NL EAST STANDINGS
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2015 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- Will Mike Rizzo continue to shape the Nationals? The Junkies believe he's too valuable to lose
- Nationals re-sign Howie Kendrick for two-years
- See hilarious highlights from Nats' Racing Presidents tryouts
- Bryce Harper enjoyed the story of Alex Luey and Ovechkin's hat trick for the young cancer survivor
- Max Scherzer Giving Away Memorabilia For Good Cause
- Why Bryce Harper would be a bargain at $500 million
- Nats' Max Scherzer wins second straight NL Cy Young Award
- Max Scherzer and Ryan Zimmerman receive honors from fellow ballplayers
- Two-time Cy Young winner Roy Halladay dies in Gulf of Mexico plane crash
- Nationals' Scherzer, Strasburg named two of the three NL Cy Young finalists