Sep 13, 2015, 9:00 AM EDT
How inept has the Nationals lineup been this weekend? In two games at Marlins Park, that lineup has scored a total of one (unearned) run on 10 hits, only one of them going for extra bases. Is it any wonder, then, that the Nats have lost both games, despite having surrendered only four runs?
They’ll give it one more shot this afternoon, trying to salvage at least one win out of this series and avoid losing even more ground to the Mets. (They’ve now dropped 5 1/2 games in the standings in six days.)
Max Scherzer will try to rebound from his disappointing Labor Day performance against New York, not to mention his longstanding slump (a 5.05 ERA over his last 12 starts). Brad Hand starts for Miami; the left-hander is 0-6 with a 7.96 ERA in 10 career appearances vs. Washington.
Enjoy the game and the conversation…
WASHINGTON NATIONALS at MIAMI MARLINS
Where: Marlins Park, Miami
Gametime: 1:10 p.m. EDT
TV: MASN, MLB.tv
Radio: 106.7 FM, 1500 AM, XM 183/869
2B Anthony Rendon
3B Yunel Escobar
RF Bryce Harper
LF Jayson Werth
SS Ian Desmond
C Wilson Ramos
CF Michael Taylor
1B Tyler Moore
RHP Max Scherzer
RF Ichiro Suzuki
LF Christian Yelich
3B Martin Prado
1B Justin Bour
CF Marcell Ozuna
2B Derek Dietrich
SS Miguel Rojas
C Jeff Mathis
LHP Brad Hand
HP Tom Woodring
1B Vic Carapazza
2B Ron Kulpa
3B Larry Vanover (cc)
FINAL NL EAST STANDINGS
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2015 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- Nats' bats remain red-hot in freezing cold Denver
- Nationals place Koda Glover on DL due to hip injury
- Trea Turner hits for the cycle despite freezing Colorado temperature
- Bryce Harper named National League Player of the Week
- Charlie Blackmon hits 2-run homer, Rockies beat Nationals 8-4
- Murphy, Scherzer slam Mets with 7th straight win
- Daniel Murphy strikes again vs. Mets with second career grand slam
- MLB Power Rankings: The Beltway gets well represented
- Gio Gonzalez leads Nats to 6th straight win with 3-1 victory against Mets
- Nationals win fifth in a row as Harper powers Nats past Mets