Sep 12, 2015, 3:45 PM EDT
There’s no sugarcoating it: The Nationals are reeling right now, having lost four straight, all via runs scored late by the opposition, too all but officially eliminate themselves from postseason contention. And the challenge doesn’t get any easier tonight in Miami.
Jose Fernandez is on the mound for the Marlins, making his first start in more than a month due to a biceps strain, but attempting to improve to 16-0 all-time at Marlins Park, which would match the all-time record for any pitcher in his home ballpark to begin his career.
Tanner Roark, meanwhile, starts for the Nationals, having officially taken over Joe Ross’ spot in the rotation. The right-hander should be good to throw up to around 100 pitches tonight.
[UPDATE at 6:15 p.m.: Yunel Escobar has been scratched from the lineup with a stomach virus, causing a reshuffling of the Nats lineup.]
Enjoy the game and the conversation…
WASHINGTON NATIONALS at MIAMI MARLINS
Where: Marlins Park, Miami
Gametime: 7:10 p.m. EDT
TV: MASN, MLB.tv
Radio: 106.7 FM, 1500 AM, XM 184/869
3B Anthony Rendon
2B Danny Espinosa
RF Bryce Harper
LF Jayson Werth
SS Ian Desmond
C Wilson Ramos
CF Michael Taylor
1B Tyler Moore
RHP Tanner Roark
2B Dee Gordon
CF Christian Yelich
3B Martin Prado
1B Justin Bour
LF Derek Dietrich
C J.T. Realmuto
RF Ichiro Suzuki
SS Miguel Rojas
RHP Jose Fernandez
HP Larry Vanover (cc)
1B Brian Knight
2B Tom Woodring
3B Ron Kulpa
FINAL NL EAST STANDINGS
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2015 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- Did Max Scherzer's dance moves cause the Junkies' broadcast to lose power?
- MLB 2018 Power Rankings: Preseason Edition
- The sound of Bryce Harper's first spring training HR is beautiful
- Per usual, Max Scherzer strikes out Tim Tebow on three pitches
- Camels and players bond at Nats Spring Training
- Nationals Spring Training Schedule 2018
- With Ross placed on 60-day DL, Nationals agree to 1-year deal with veteran reliever
- It's Day 1 of spring training and Bryce Harper is already done taking questions regarding his future
- May the odds be ever in your favor: Vegas sets over/unders for 2018 MLB season
- Former Nationals pitcher Esteban Loaiza arrested with more than 40 pounds of suspected cocaine