Sep 11, 2015, 3:35 PM EDT
The raw emotions of this week’s sweep at the hands of the Mets have had some time to wear off, the Nationals have had a chance to take a day off and tonight they get back to work, the stakes perhaps not nearly as high as they were the last time they took the field but a ballgame to play nonetheless.
Ryan Zimmerman, still bothered by a strained oblique, remains out of the lineup tonight in Miami. And with Clint Robinson leaving the club for a couple of days with his wife about to give birth, it’s Tyler Moore at first base in the series opener. Michael Taylor, however, is back playing after missing Wednesday’s game with lingering pain in his knee.
Gio Gonzalez gets the start in his hometown, where he struggled earlier this year. The lefty gave up six runs on 10 hits in only five innings at Marlins Park back on April 26, though he did pitch well in two previous starts there. Right-hander Jarred Cosart, who allowed just one run in 4 1/3 innings to the Mets last week in his return from a lengthy DL stint, gets the ball for Miami.
I’m not at this series, but I will be meeting up with the Nats in Philadelphia on Monday. In the meantime, enjoy the game and the conversation…
WASHINGTON NATIONALS at MIAMI MARLINS
Where: Marlins Park, Miami
Gametime: 7:10 p.m. EDT
TV: MASN2, MLB.tv
Radio: 106.7 FM, 1500 AM, XM 185/869
LF Jayson Werth
2B Anthony Rendon
RF Bryce Harper
3B Yunel Escobar
SS Ian Desmond
C Wilson Ramos
CF Michael Taylor
1B Tyler Moore
LHP Gio Gonzalez
2B Dee Gordon
LF Christian Yelich
3B Martin Prado
1B Justin Bour
CF Marcell Ozuna
C J.T. Realmuto
RF Ichiro Suzuki
SS Miguel Rojas
RHP Jarred Cosart
HP Ron Kulpa
1B Larry Vanover
2B Brian Knight
3B Tom Woodring
FINAL NL EAST STANDINGS
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2015 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- Bryce Harper named National League Player of the Week
- Charlie Blackmon hits 2-run homer, Rockies beat Nationals 8-4
- Murphy, Scherzer slam Mets with 7th straight win
- Daniel Murphy strikes again vs. Mets with second career grand slam
- MLB Power Rankings: The Beltway gets well represented
- Gio Gonzalez leads Nats to 6th straight win with 3-1 victory against Mets
- Nationals win fifth in a row as Harper powers Nats past Mets
- Nationals pick up sweep of Braves behind Stephen Strasburg's strong night
- Bryce Harper has monster night as Nats slam Braves 14-4
- Jayson Werth leaves Nationals game vs. Braves with undisclosed injury