Sep 10, 2015, 3:39 PM EDT
Man, what a day to to talk about the Nats. This week’s episode of ‘The Baseball Show’ just happened to fall on the day after the Nationals were swept by the New York Mets.
Our guest this week was ESPN’s Jerry Crasnick, who was great on the Nats from a national perspective. He gave his take on Matt Williams’ job security, the flaws of the Nats’ roster and whether Bryce Harper has any threat to his MVP chances.
Before bringing on Crasnick, Tim Murray and I broke down the sweep and looked at how much blame both Williams and Mike Rizzo deserve for what has gone on this season.
You can listen to the show on ESPN 980’s website or download it on iTunes (search ‘Baseball in the District’).
FINAL NL EAST STANDINGS
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2015 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- Nats beat Mariners behind Joe Ross' career day in return from minors
- WATCH: Werth and Harper go back-to-back, Rendon hits 2 HRs in Nats win
- Nationals beat Braves, snap losing skid behind Stephen Strasburg's strong start
- 2017 MLB Power Rankings: As Bryce Harper goes, so do the Nationals
- Nationals can't find enough offense to snap four-game skid
- Braves hand Nationals their third loss in a row
- Tanner Roark struggles as Nationals drop rubber match of series to Pirates
- Nationals vs. Pirates Preview: Turner, bullpen once again focal points
- Bullpen comes through as Nationals hold off Pirates
- Now is the time for the Washington Nationals to address bullpen issues