Sep 10, 2015, 3:39 PM EDT
Man, what a day to to talk about the Nats. This week’s episode of ‘The Baseball Show’ just happened to fall on the day after the Nationals were swept by the New York Mets.
Our guest this week was ESPN’s Jerry Crasnick, who was great on the Nats from a national perspective. He gave his take on Matt Williams’ job security, the flaws of the Nats’ roster and whether Bryce Harper has any threat to his MVP chances.
Before bringing on Crasnick, Tim Murray and I broke down the sweep and looked at how much blame both Williams and Mike Rizzo deserve for what has gone on this season.
You can listen to the show on ESPN 980’s website or download it on iTunes (search ‘Baseball in the District’).
FINAL NL EAST STANDINGS
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2015 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- Matt Grace, Howie Kendrick lead Nationals past San Diego Padres
- Max Scherzer scratched from start against San Diego, heading to DL
- Mike Rizzo details the rehabilitation process for Bryce Harper to return for Nationals
- Howie Kendrick hits two homeruns for Nationals against former team
- Howie Kendrick's extra-inning grand slam finally puts Nats-Giants series to bed
- Bryce Harper suffers bone bruise in knee
- Bryce Harper injured in Nationals' 3-1 win
- Bryce Harper carried off field with gruesome knee injury after slipping on first base
- Giants-Nationals game postponed after lengthy rain delay
- Andrew Stevenson makes game saving catch to help Nationals beat Marlins