Sep 10, 2015, 3:39 PM EDT
Man, what a day to to talk about the Nats. This week’s episode of ‘The Baseball Show’ just happened to fall on the day after the Nationals were swept by the New York Mets.
Our guest this week was ESPN’s Jerry Crasnick, who was great on the Nats from a national perspective. He gave his take on Matt Williams’ job security, the flaws of the Nats’ roster and whether Bryce Harper has any threat to his MVP chances.
Before bringing on Crasnick, Tim Murray and I broke down the sweep and looked at how much blame both Williams and Mike Rizzo deserve for what has gone on this season.
You can listen to the show on ESPN 980’s website or download it on iTunes (search ‘Baseball in the District’).
FINAL NL EAST STANDINGS
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2015 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- Bryce Harper named National League Player of the Week
- Murphy, Scherzer slam Mets with 7th straight win
- Daniel Murphy strikes again vs. Mets with second career grand slam
- MLB Power Rankings: The Beltway gets well represented
- Gio Gonzalez leads Nats to 6th straight win with 3-1 victory against Mets
- Nationals win fifth in a row as Harper powers Nats past Mets
- Nationals pick up sweep of Braves behind Stephen Strasburg's strong night
- Bryce Harper has monster night as Nats slam Braves 14-4
- Jayson Werth leaves Nationals game vs. Braves with undisclosed injury
- Bryce Harper mashes grand slam, continues dominance of helpless Braves pitcher