Sep 10, 2015, 3:39 PM EST
Man, what a day to to talk about the Nats. This week’s episode of ‘The Baseball Show’ just happened to fall on the day after the Nationals were swept by the New York Mets.
Our guest this week was ESPN’s Jerry Crasnick, who was great on the Nats from a national perspective. He gave his take on Matt Williams’ job security, the flaws of the Nats’ roster and whether Bryce Harper has any threat to his MVP chances.
Before bringing on Crasnick, Tim Murray and I broke down the sweep and looked at how much blame both Williams and Mike Rizzo deserve for what has gone on this season.
You can listen to the show on ESPN 980’s website or download it on iTunes (search ‘Baseball in the District’).
FINAL NL EAST STANDINGS
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2015 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- Will Mike Rizzo continue to shape the Nationals? The Junkies believe he's too valuable to lose
- Nationals re-sign Howie Kendrick for two-years
- See hilarious highlights from Nats' Racing Presidents tryouts
- Bryce Harper enjoyed the story of Alex Luey and Ovechkin's hat trick for the young cancer survivor
- Max Scherzer Giving Away Memorabilia For Good Cause
- Why Bryce Harper would be a bargain at $500 million
- Nats' Max Scherzer wins second straight NL Cy Young Award
- Max Scherzer and Ryan Zimmerman receive honors from fellow ballplayers
- Two-time Cy Young winner Roy Halladay dies in Gulf of Mexico plane crash
- Nationals' Scherzer, Strasburg named two of the three NL Cy Young finalists