Sep 10, 2015, 3:39 PM EDT
Man, what a day to to talk about the Nats. This week’s episode of ‘The Baseball Show’ just happened to fall on the day after the Nationals were swept by the New York Mets.
Our guest this week was ESPN’s Jerry Crasnick, who was great on the Nats from a national perspective. He gave his take on Matt Williams’ job security, the flaws of the Nats’ roster and whether Bryce Harper has any threat to his MVP chances.
Before bringing on Crasnick, Tim Murray and I broke down the sweep and looked at how much blame both Williams and Mike Rizzo deserve for what has gone on this season.
You can listen to the show on ESPN 980’s website or download it on iTunes (search ‘Baseball in the District’).
FINAL NL EAST STANDINGS
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2015 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- Nationals stage spirited rally in ninth but fall just short in series opener vs. Cubs
- 2017 MLB Power Rankings: The Dodgers don't lose anymore
- Ten very good Pups in the Park who don't care that the Nats lost
- Nationals can't overcome Tanner Roark's first inning, lose to Reds
- Trea Turner has a career game as Nats clobber Reds
- Harper's 10th-inning single lifts Nationals past Reds 6-5
- Max Scherzer's bid for third no-hitter ends in heartbreak
- The Nats got hot Tuesday in Miami with 12-3 win over Marlins
- Tanner Roark unable to preserve six-run lead before Marlins walk off Nationals in ninth
- Jacob DeGrom denies Nationals sweep of Mets on Father's Day