Sep 3, 2015, 1:34 PM EDT
After missing last week, Tim Murray and I picked back up with ‘Baseball in the District’ and brought on CSN Insider Mark Zuckerman as our guest. We talked to Mark right off the top of the show and touched on a lot of topics with him.
Mark was great on the criticism Matt Williams has been receiving, the recent hot streak of Ryan Zimmerman, the Nationals’ long-term roster outlook and whether the team should bring back Denard Span in 2016.
After talking to Mark, Tim and I talked about the missed opportunity that the St. Louis series was and went through scenarios where the Nats could catch the Mets.
You can listen to the show on ESPN 980’s website or download it on iTunes.
FINAL NL EAST STANDINGS
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2015 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- Nationals Ace Max Scherzer will not be team's opening day starter
- Nationals' Tanner Roark pitches 4 scoreless innings in US defeat of Japan in WBC
- Tanner Roark to start in World Baseball Classic semifinals against Japan on Tuesday
- Dusty Baker concerned about Daniel Murphy not playing in World Baseball Classic
- Pitcher Max Scherzer 'probably not' starting for Nationals on opening day
- After tough 2016, Bryce Harper looks dominant in spring training
- Report: Nationals sign John Lannan to minor league deal
- Max Scherzer knuckles down, comes up with new fastball grip
- Stephen Strasburg is not trying to reinvent himself, but he is simplifying things
- Nats open new $150 million spring training site with walk-off win