Sep 2, 2015, 4:59 PM EDT
The second wave of September call-ups for the Nationals took place on Wednesday, as relievers Matt Grace and Rafael Martin were added to the roster, which now sits at 30. Both pitchers were recalled from Triple-A Syracuse.
Grace, 26, joins the Nats for the first time since going to the minors on June 1. In 17 MLB appearances this season he has a 5.25 ERA in 12 total innings. He made his debut on April 22.
Grace made 38 total appearances with the Chiefs this season. He posted a 2.40 ERA with 31 strikeouts and 16 walks in 48 2/3 innings
Martin, 31, made his MLB debut on April 15 and was then optioned to Syracuse on April 28. The right-hander pitched four outings with the Nats and gave up five earned runs in five innings of work.
Martin was also much better with Syracuse this season. He had a 3.21 ERA in 46 appearances with 68 strikeouts and 16 walks in 56 innings.
The Nats called up infielder Dan Uggla, catcher Pedro Severino and reliever Sammy Solis on Tuesday, the first day MLB rosters were allowed to expand.
FINAL NL EAST STANDINGS
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2015 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- Stephen Strasburg returns to Nats lineup after DL stint
- 8 bold MLB predictions sure to be proven wrong
- Washington Nationals second half preview
- Nationals players were critical of Dave Martinez's decision-making in the first half
- Max Scherzer thoroughly enjoyed the All-Star experience in D.C.
- All-Star effort once again proves Washington, D.C. is, in fact, a sports city
- The best 2018 MLB All-Star Game red carpet looks
- A quick recap of Tuesday's MLB All-Star Game, including how your Nats did
- 2018 MLB All-Star Game Live Blog
- All-Star Game Weather: Storms causing traffic havoc, could force delay, postponement