Sep 1, 2015, 11:53 AM EDT
The Nationals are coming off a bad loss to the St. Louis Cardinals, one that puts them in jeopardy of losing the momentum they had built over the previous 12 games. But although they were winning before they traveled to St. Louis, it was a tough week in regards to their overall health.
Denard Span went down for the season, Reed Johnson and David Carpenter suffered setbacks, and Stephen Strasburg was removed from a game after having a setback of his own. Mark, Joe Orsulak and host Sebastian Salazar break it all down, plus other topics, in the videos below. You can also see my segment this week on Span, Johnson and Carpenter, in particular.
Does Span’s injury mean the end of his Nationals’ career? (For more on that, click here)
Strasburg’s injury yet another scare for the Nats
Max Scherzer has not been the same in the second half
Why is the Nats’ record so much better with Danny Espinosa in the lineup?
A week ago the Nats were getting healthier, now that is not the case
FINAL NL EAST STANDINGS
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2015 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- Nationals offense provides no support in Strasburg's return
- Matt Grace, Howie Kendrick lead Nationals past San Diego Padres
- Max Scherzer scratched from start against San Diego, heading to DL
- Mike Rizzo details the rehabilitation process for Bryce Harper to return for Nationals
- Howie Kendrick hits two homeruns for Nationals against former team
- Howie Kendrick's extra-inning grand slam finally puts Nats-Giants series to bed
- Bryce Harper suffers bone bruise in knee
- Bryce Harper injured in Nationals' 3-1 win
- Bryce Harper carried off field with gruesome knee injury after slipping on first base
- Giants-Nationals game postponed after lengthy rain delay