Sep 1, 2015, 11:53 AM EDT
The Nationals are coming off a bad loss to the St. Louis Cardinals, one that puts them in jeopardy of losing the momentum they had built over the previous 12 games. But although they were winning before they traveled to St. Louis, it was a tough week in regards to their overall health.
Denard Span went down for the season, Reed Johnson and David Carpenter suffered setbacks, and Stephen Strasburg was removed from a game after having a setback of his own. Mark, Joe Orsulak and host Sebastian Salazar break it all down, plus other topics, in the videos below. You can also see my segment this week on Span, Johnson and Carpenter, in particular.
Does Span’s injury mean the end of his Nationals’ career? (For more on that, click here)
Strasburg’s injury yet another scare for the Nats
Max Scherzer has not been the same in the second half
Why is the Nats’ record so much better with Danny Espinosa in the lineup?
A week ago the Nats were getting healthier, now that is not the case
FINAL NL EAST STANDINGS
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2015 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- Nationals six-game winning streak comes to an end in Los Angeles
- Zimmerman sets franchise HR record, Nationals beat Reds 6-1
- Nationals new reliever Sean Doolittle grew up a Redskins fan
- Daniel Murphy homers twice in 14-4 rout of Reds
- Nationals aquire Doolittle from Athletics
- Bryce Harper homers twice, Nationals beat Reds 5-0
- Dallas fan Bryce Harper casually talks Cowboys with Joe Buck during All Star Game
- Bryce Harper goes "Miami Vice" at the All-star game red carpet
- How Aaron Judge could help the Nationals keep Bryce Harper in Washington
- MLB All-Star Game 2017 how to watch, livestream, starters