Sep 1, 2015, 11:53 AM EDT
The Nationals are coming off a bad loss to the St. Louis Cardinals, one that puts them in jeopardy of losing the momentum they had built over the previous 12 games. But although they were winning before they traveled to St. Louis, it was a tough week in regards to their overall health.
Denard Span went down for the season, Reed Johnson and David Carpenter suffered setbacks, and Stephen Strasburg was removed from a game after having a setback of his own. Mark, Joe Orsulak and host Sebastian Salazar break it all down, plus other topics, in the videos below. You can also see my segment this week on Span, Johnson and Carpenter, in particular.
Does Span’s injury mean the end of his Nationals’ career? (For more on that, click here)
Strasburg’s injury yet another scare for the Nats
Max Scherzer has not been the same in the second half
Why is the Nats’ record so much better with Danny Espinosa in the lineup?
A week ago the Nats were getting healthier, now that is not the case
FINAL NL EAST STANDINGS
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2015 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- Bryce Harper named National League Player of the Week
- Murphy, Scherzer slam Mets with 7th straight win
- Daniel Murphy strikes again vs. Mets with second career grand slam
- MLB Power Rankings: The Beltway gets well represented
- Gio Gonzalez leads Nats to 6th straight win with 3-1 victory against Mets
- Nationals win fifth in a row as Harper powers Nats past Mets
- Nationals pick up sweep of Braves behind Stephen Strasburg's strong night
- Bryce Harper has monster night as Nats slam Braves 14-4
- Jayson Werth leaves Nationals game vs. Braves with undisclosed injury
- Bryce Harper mashes grand slam, continues dominance of helpless Braves pitcher