Sep 1, 2015, 11:53 AM EDT
The Nationals are coming off a bad loss to the St. Louis Cardinals, one that puts them in jeopardy of losing the momentum they had built over the previous 12 games. But although they were winning before they traveled to St. Louis, it was a tough week in regards to their overall health.
Denard Span went down for the season, Reed Johnson and David Carpenter suffered setbacks, and Stephen Strasburg was removed from a game after having a setback of his own. Mark, Joe Orsulak and host Sebastian Salazar break it all down, plus other topics, in the videos below. You can also see my segment this week on Span, Johnson and Carpenter, in particular.
Does Span’s injury mean the end of his Nationals’ career? (For more on that, click here)
Strasburg’s injury yet another scare for the Nats
Max Scherzer has not been the same in the second half
Why is the Nats’ record so much better with Danny Espinosa in the lineup?
A week ago the Nats were getting healthier, now that is not the case
FINAL NL EAST STANDINGS
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2015 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- Bryce Harper thanks Nationals fans for support during 2017 season
- 20 things D.C. sports fans should be really happy about, playoff success or not
- Nationals Game 5 meltdown yet another reminder why D.C. can't have nice things
- With contractual decisions looming, Nats missed chance at stress-free World Series run
- Nationals suffer postseason heartbreak yet again in lengthy, controversial Game 5 loss
- NLDS 2017: Nationals vs. Cubs Game 5 Live Blog
- Nationals place faith in Gio Gonzalez, name him Game 5 starter vs. Cubs
- D.C. Metro extends hours for Nationals vs. Cubs Game 5
- Nationals 2017 Postseason Game 5 NLDS vs. Cubs: Date, Time, TV Channel and How to Watch
- Strasburg spins gem, Taylor hits grand slam to force Game 5 vs. Cubs