Aug 19, 2015, 5:30 PM EDT
Baseball people are nothing if not superstitious. If something works Tuesday night, you better believe it will be given another chance to work Wednesday night. So we shouldn’t be surprised at all that the Nationals’ lineup for Game 2 of their series in Colorado is exactly the same as it was for Game 1, when they scored 15 runs.
That means Jayson Werth stays in the leadoff spot, Yunel Escobar stays in the cleanup spot and Anthony Rendon stays on the bench. That last point is particularly interesting, because the Nats haven’t sat their talented young infielder back-to-back days when he’s been healthy since … well, I don’t remember this happening before.
Stephen Strasburg, meanwhile, takes the mound tonight, hoping to duplicate his dominant performance over the Rockies from 11 days ago (12 strikeouts in seven innings).
Enjoy the game and the conversation…
WASHINGTON NATIONALS at COLORADO ROCKIES
Where: Coors Field, Denver
Gametime: 8:40 p.m. EDT
TV: MASN2, MLB.tv
Radio: 106.7 FM, 1500 AM, XM 188/869
Weather: Clear, 69 degrees, Wind 9 mph out to LF
LF Jayson Werth
2B Danny Espinosa
RF Bryce Harper
3B Yunel Escobar
SS Ian Desmond
1B Ryan Zimmerman
CF Michael Taylor
C Wilson Ramos
RHP Stephen Strasburg
CF Charlie Blackmon
SS Jose Reyes
RF Carlos Gonzalez
3B Nolan Arenado
1B Ben Paulsen
2B D.J. LeMahieu
C Nick Hundley
LF Kyle Parker
LHP Jorge De La Rosa
HP Jim Wolf
1B Lance Barksdale
2B Quinn Wolcott
3B Gary Cederstrom (cc)
FINAL NL EAST STANDINGS
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2015 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- Max Scherzer's bid for third no-hitter ends in heartbreak
- The Nats got hot Tuesday in Miami with 12-3 win over Marlins
- Tanner Roark unable to preserve six-run lead before Marlins walk off Nationals in ninth
- Jacob DeGrom denies Nationals sweep of Mets on Father's Day
- Nationals hit three homers to win third straight game against Mets
- Nationals look to win series against Mets behind Stephen Strasburg
- Scherzer strikes out 10, leads Nationals over Mets 7-2
- Gio Gonzalez and Daniel Murphy dominated in Nationals' 8-3 win over the Mets
- Bryce Harper hits hardest home run of his career
- 2017 MLB All-Star Game date, time, how to watch, rosters