Aug 19, 2015, 5:30 PM EDT
Baseball people are nothing if not superstitious. If something works Tuesday night, you better believe it will be given another chance to work Wednesday night. So we shouldn’t be surprised at all that the Nationals’ lineup for Game 2 of their series in Colorado is exactly the same as it was for Game 1, when they scored 15 runs.
That means Jayson Werth stays in the leadoff spot, Yunel Escobar stays in the cleanup spot and Anthony Rendon stays on the bench. That last point is particularly interesting, because the Nats haven’t sat their talented young infielder back-to-back days when he’s been healthy since … well, I don’t remember this happening before.
Stephen Strasburg, meanwhile, takes the mound tonight, hoping to duplicate his dominant performance over the Rockies from 11 days ago (12 strikeouts in seven innings).
Enjoy the game and the conversation…
WASHINGTON NATIONALS at COLORADO ROCKIES
Where: Coors Field, Denver
Gametime: 8:40 p.m. EDT
TV: MASN2, MLB.tv
Radio: 106.7 FM, 1500 AM, XM 188/869
Weather: Clear, 69 degrees, Wind 9 mph out to LF
LF Jayson Werth
2B Danny Espinosa
RF Bryce Harper
3B Yunel Escobar
SS Ian Desmond
1B Ryan Zimmerman
CF Michael Taylor
C Wilson Ramos
RHP Stephen Strasburg
CF Charlie Blackmon
SS Jose Reyes
RF Carlos Gonzalez
3B Nolan Arenado
1B Ben Paulsen
2B D.J. LeMahieu
C Nick Hundley
LF Kyle Parker
LHP Jorge De La Rosa
HP Jim Wolf
1B Lance Barksdale
2B Quinn Wolcott
3B Gary Cederstrom (cc)
FINAL NL EAST STANDINGS
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2015 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- Bryce Harper named National League Player of the Week
- Charlie Blackmon hits 2-run homer, Rockies beat Nationals 8-4
- Murphy, Scherzer slam Mets with 7th straight win
- Daniel Murphy strikes again vs. Mets with second career grand slam
- MLB Power Rankings: The Beltway gets well represented
- Gio Gonzalez leads Nats to 6th straight win with 3-1 victory against Mets
- Nationals win fifth in a row as Harper powers Nats past Mets
- Nationals pick up sweep of Braves behind Stephen Strasburg's strong night
- Bryce Harper has monster night as Nats slam Braves 14-4
- Jayson Werth leaves Nationals game vs. Braves with undisclosed injury