Aug 19, 2015, 1:29 PM EST
On this week’s episode of ‘Baseball in the District,’ we welcomed in two guests: Syracuse Chiefs relief pitcher Matt Grace and ESPN 980 host Al Galdi.
Grace was great on his transition back to the minors after spending time in the majors this season with the Nationals. He has been pitching very well at Syracuse and believes his experience with the Nats has helped. He also gave his impressions of Trea Turner, who the leaders are in the Nats’ clubhouse and who are the funniest players on the team, as well.
Galdi sat down with us in studio for the first half of the show and was excellent on the Nats’ lineup and what would be the best batting order based on advanced statistics. He also went in-depth on the Nats’ struggles this season and what they should do in the winter to fix them.
You can listen to the show on ESPN 980’s website or download it on iTunes.
FINAL NL EAST STANDINGS
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2015 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- Nationals re-sign Howie Kendrick for two-years
- See hilarious highlights from Nats' Racing Presidents tryouts
- Bryce Harper enjoyed the story of Alex Luey and Ovechkin's hat trick for the young cancer survivor
- Max Scherzer Giving Away Memorabilia For Good Cause
- Why Bryce Harper would be a bargain at $500 million
- Nats' Max Scherzer wins second straight NL Cy Young Award
- Max Scherzer and Ryan Zimmerman receive honors from fellow ballplayers
- Two-time Cy Young winner Roy Halladay dies in Gulf of Mexico plane crash
- Nationals' Scherzer, Strasburg named two of the three NL Cy Young finalists
- Matt Wieters will return to Nationals in 2018 with player-option