Aug 19, 2015, 1:29 PM EDT
On this week’s episode of ‘Baseball in the District,’ we welcomed in two guests: Syracuse Chiefs relief pitcher Matt Grace and ESPN 980 host Al Galdi.
Grace was great on his transition back to the minors after spending time in the majors this season with the Nationals. He has been pitching very well at Syracuse and believes his experience with the Nats has helped. He also gave his impressions of Trea Turner, who the leaders are in the Nats’ clubhouse and who are the funniest players on the team, as well.
Galdi sat down with us in studio for the first half of the show and was excellent on the Nats’ lineup and what would be the best batting order based on advanced statistics. He also went in-depth on the Nats’ struggles this season and what they should do in the winter to fix them.
You can listen to the show on ESPN 980’s website or download it on iTunes.
FINAL NL EAST STANDINGS
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2015 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- Bryce Harper, Jayson Werth awesomely lead Nats' 'Game of Thrones' dress-up
- Bryce Harper reportedly will come off the disabled list tomorrow
- Nationals, without their big guns, fall to Mets
- Cubs, Brewers, or Cardinals: potential postseason opponents for the Washington Nationals
- Nationals baffled by Dickey's knuckleball in Braves' 3-2 win
- Ryan Zimmerman sets career high in homers vs. Braves
- Updated MLB Postseason 2017 Bracket Projection
- Nationals vs. Braves Preview: Gonzalez looks to rebound
- When will Bryce Harper return to the Nationals' lineup?
- Max Scherzer bounces back from last week's rough start against Atlanta