Aug 19, 2015, 1:29 PM EDT
On this week’s episode of ‘Baseball in the District,’ we welcomed in two guests: Syracuse Chiefs relief pitcher Matt Grace and ESPN 980 host Al Galdi.
Grace was great on his transition back to the minors after spending time in the majors this season with the Nationals. He has been pitching very well at Syracuse and believes his experience with the Nats has helped. He also gave his impressions of Trea Turner, who the leaders are in the Nats’ clubhouse and who are the funniest players on the team, as well.
Galdi sat down with us in studio for the first half of the show and was excellent on the Nats’ lineup and what would be the best batting order based on advanced statistics. He also went in-depth on the Nats’ struggles this season and what they should do in the winter to fix them.
You can listen to the show on ESPN 980’s website or download it on iTunes.
FINAL NL EAST STANDINGS
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2015 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- Nationals stage spirited rally in ninth but fall just short in series opener vs. Cubs
- 2017 MLB Power Rankings: The Dodgers don't lose anymore
- Ten very good Pups in the Park who don't care that the Nats lost
- Nationals can't overcome Tanner Roark's first inning, lose to Reds
- Trea Turner has a career game as Nats clobber Reds
- Harper's 10th-inning single lifts Nationals past Reds 6-5
- Max Scherzer's bid for third no-hitter ends in heartbreak
- The Nats got hot Tuesday in Miami with 12-3 win over Marlins
- Tanner Roark unable to preserve six-run lead before Marlins walk off Nationals in ninth
- Jacob DeGrom denies Nationals sweep of Mets on Father's Day