Aug 15, 2015, 6:44 PM EDT
The Nationals continue their series at the San Francisco Giants on Saturday night as they hope to snap a four-game losing streak. Gio Gonzalez (9-4, 3.50) and Jake Peavy (2-5, 3.75) squaring off. The Nationals will also try to avoid dropping to .500 on the season for the first time since May 8.
Gonzalez looks to continue what has been an impressive stretch over the last month-and-a-half. In his last eight outings, Gio holds a 1.48 ERA. He tossed eight scoreless innings against the Dodgers his last time out on Aug. 10. That was the last time the Nats won a game.
Peavy has also been good lately with just three total runs allowed in his last three starts. He took the loss, however, in his last outing when he gave up two runs in five innings against the Chicago Cubs.
Ryan Zimmerman gets the day off with Clint Robinson in at first base. Jayson Werth has also been bumped down to seventh in the order for the first time this season.
Enjoy the game and please check back in the morning for analysis…
WASHINGTON NATIONALS at SAN FRANCISCO GIANTS
Where: AT&T Park, San Francisco
Gametime: 10:05 p.m. EDT
TV: FS1, MASN 2, MLB.tv
Radio: 106.7 FM, 1500 AM, XM 183/869
Weather: Partly cloudy, 74 degrees, Wind 12 mph out to RF
CF Michael Taylor
2B Anthony Rendon
RF Bryce Harper
3B Yunel Escobar
1B Clint Robinson
SS Ian Desmond
LF Jayson Werth
C Jose Lobaton
LHP Gio Gonzalez
CF Gregor Blanco
3B Matt Duffy
LF Brandon Belt
1B Buster Posey
RF Hunter Pence
SS Brandon Crawford
2B Kelby Tomlinson
C Hector Sanchez
RHP Jake Peavy
HP Cory Blaser
1B Jeff Nelson (cc)
2B Laz Diaz
3B Chris Guccione
FINAL NL EAST STANDINGS
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2015 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- Stephen Strasburg returns to Nats lineup after DL stint
- 8 bold MLB predictions sure to be proven wrong
- Washington Nationals second half preview
- Nationals players were critical of Dave Martinez's decision-making in the first half
- Max Scherzer thoroughly enjoyed the All-Star experience in D.C.
- All-Star effort once again proves Washington, D.C. is, in fact, a sports city
- The best 2018 MLB All-Star Game red carpet looks
- A quick recap of Tuesday's MLB All-Star Game, including how your Nats did
- 2018 MLB All-Star Game Live Blog
- All-Star Game Weather: Storms causing traffic havoc, could force delay, postponement