Aug 15, 2015, 6:44 PM EDT
The Nationals continue their series at the San Francisco Giants on Saturday night as they hope to snap a four-game losing streak. Gio Gonzalez (9-4, 3.50) and Jake Peavy (2-5, 3.75) squaring off. The Nationals will also try to avoid dropping to .500 on the season for the first time since May 8.
Gonzalez looks to continue what has been an impressive stretch over the last month-and-a-half. In his last eight outings, Gio holds a 1.48 ERA. He tossed eight scoreless innings against the Dodgers his last time out on Aug. 10. That was the last time the Nats won a game.
Peavy has also been good lately with just three total runs allowed in his last three starts. He took the loss, however, in his last outing when he gave up two runs in five innings against the Chicago Cubs.
Ryan Zimmerman gets the day off with Clint Robinson in at first base. Jayson Werth has also been bumped down to seventh in the order for the first time this season.
Enjoy the game and please check back in the morning for analysis…
WASHINGTON NATIONALS at SAN FRANCISCO GIANTS
Where: AT&T Park, San Francisco
Gametime: 10:05 p.m. EDT
TV: FS1, MASN 2, MLB.tv
Radio: 106.7 FM, 1500 AM, XM 183/869
Weather: Partly cloudy, 74 degrees, Wind 12 mph out to RF
CF Michael Taylor
2B Anthony Rendon
RF Bryce Harper
3B Yunel Escobar
1B Clint Robinson
SS Ian Desmond
LF Jayson Werth
C Jose Lobaton
LHP Gio Gonzalez
CF Gregor Blanco
3B Matt Duffy
LF Brandon Belt
1B Buster Posey
RF Hunter Pence
SS Brandon Crawford
2B Kelby Tomlinson
C Hector Sanchez
RHP Jake Peavy
HP Cory Blaser
1B Jeff Nelson (cc)
2B Laz Diaz
3B Chris Guccione
FINAL NL EAST STANDINGS
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2015 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- 2017 ballpark foods that are way better than peanuts and Cracker Jack
- Nationals Ace Max Scherzer will not be team's opening day starter
- Nationals' Tanner Roark pitches 4 scoreless innings in US defeat of Japan in WBC
- Tanner Roark to start in World Baseball Classic semifinals against Japan on Tuesday
- Dusty Baker concerned about Daniel Murphy not playing in World Baseball Classic
- Pitcher Max Scherzer 'probably not' starting for Nationals on opening day
- After tough 2016, Bryce Harper looks dominant in spring training
- Report: Nationals sign John Lannan to minor league deal
- Max Scherzer knuckles down, comes up with new fastball grip
- Stephen Strasburg is not trying to reinvent himself, but he is simplifying things