Aug 14, 2015, 6:44 PM EDT
At this point, there’s not much else to say except for the obvious: The Nationals need to start playing better baseball, and as a result start winning more games, before their deficit to the surging Mets becomes too steep to overcome. They’ll try again tonight in San Francisco, hoping both that Max Scherzer can put forth a dominant start while their lineup shows signs of life against Giants right-hander Matt Cain.
Speaking of that lineup, there are some changes. Jayson Werth, Anthony Rendon and Wilson Ramos all get the night off. Michael Taylor gets bumped up to the leadoff spot. We’ll see how this works out.
Here’s hoping tonight offers an enjoyable viewing experience for everyone. In either case, please do check back in the morning for some analysis from afar…
WASHINGTON NATIONALS at SAN FRANCISCO GIANTS
Where: AT&T Park, San Francisco
Gametime: 10:15 p.m. EDT
TV: MASN2, MLB.tv
Radio: 106.7 FM, 1500 AM, XM 184/869
Weather: Clear, 69 degrees, Wind 12 mph out to RF
CF Michael Taylor
3B Yunel Escobar
RF Bryce Harper
1B Ryan Zimmerman
LF Clint Robinson
SS Ian Desmond
2B Danny Espinosa
C Jose Lobaton
RHP Max Scherzer
CF Gregor Blanco
3B Matt Duffy
1B Brandon Belt
C Buster Posey
RF Hunter Pence
SS Brandon Crawford
LF Justin Maxwell
2B Ehire Adrianza
RHP Matt Cain
HP Chris Guccione
1B Cory Blaser
2B Jeff Nelson (cc)
3B Laz Diaz
FINAL NL EAST STANDINGS
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2015 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- Watch Max Scherzer strike out Tim Tebow on just three pitches
- 2017 ballpark foods that are way better than peanuts and Cracker Jack
- Nationals Ace Max Scherzer will not be team's opening day starter
- Nationals' Tanner Roark pitches 4 scoreless innings in US defeat of Japan in WBC
- Tanner Roark to start in World Baseball Classic semifinals against Japan on Tuesday
- Dusty Baker concerned about Daniel Murphy not playing in World Baseball Classic
- Pitcher Max Scherzer 'probably not' starting for Nationals on opening day
- After tough 2016, Bryce Harper looks dominant in spring training
- Report: Nationals sign John Lannan to minor league deal
- Max Scherzer knuckles down, comes up with new fastball grip