Aug 14, 2015, 6:44 PM EDT
At this point, there’s not much else to say except for the obvious: The Nationals need to start playing better baseball, and as a result start winning more games, before their deficit to the surging Mets becomes too steep to overcome. They’ll try again tonight in San Francisco, hoping both that Max Scherzer can put forth a dominant start while their lineup shows signs of life against Giants right-hander Matt Cain.
Speaking of that lineup, there are some changes. Jayson Werth, Anthony Rendon and Wilson Ramos all get the night off. Michael Taylor gets bumped up to the leadoff spot. We’ll see how this works out.
Here’s hoping tonight offers an enjoyable viewing experience for everyone. In either case, please do check back in the morning for some analysis from afar…
WASHINGTON NATIONALS at SAN FRANCISCO GIANTS
Where: AT&T Park, San Francisco
Gametime: 10:15 p.m. EDT
TV: MASN2, MLB.tv
Radio: 106.7 FM, 1500 AM, XM 184/869
Weather: Clear, 69 degrees, Wind 12 mph out to RF
CF Michael Taylor
3B Yunel Escobar
RF Bryce Harper
1B Ryan Zimmerman
LF Clint Robinson
SS Ian Desmond
2B Danny Espinosa
C Jose Lobaton
RHP Max Scherzer
CF Gregor Blanco
3B Matt Duffy
1B Brandon Belt
C Buster Posey
RF Hunter Pence
SS Brandon Crawford
LF Justin Maxwell
2B Ehire Adrianza
RHP Matt Cain
HP Chris Guccione
1B Cory Blaser
2B Jeff Nelson (cc)
3B Laz Diaz
FINAL NL EAST STANDINGS
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2015 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- Mike Rizzo details the rehabilitation process for Bryce Harper to return for Nationals
- Howie Kendrick hits two homeruns for Nationals against former team
- Howie Kendrick's extra-inning grand slam finally puts Nats-Giants series to bed
- Bryce Harper suffers bone bruise in knee
- Bryce Harper injured in Nationals' 3-1 win
- Bryce Harper carried off field with gruesome knee injury after slipping on first base
- Giants-Nationals game postponed after lengthy rain delay
- Andrew Stevenson makes game saving catch to help Nationals beat Marlins
- All nickname jerseys for the Washington Nationals
- Ryan Zimmerman breaks franchise record against Marlins