Aug 12, 2015, 6:49 PM EDT
After getting shutout by the Dodgers on Tuesday night, the Nationals will aim for a series split on Wednesday with superstar Clayton Kershaw (9-6, 2.51) on the mound pitching for Los Angeles.
Beating Kershaw will certainly not be an easy task, but the Nats will have Bryce Harper to help their cause. The All-Star right fielder is back in the lineup one day after being a late scratch due to a sore left knee.
Jordan Zimmermann (8-7, 3.44) will get the start for the Nats in his 24th appearance of the season. He has quality starts in three out of his last four outings and helped lead the Nats to victory over the Dodgers on July 17. That was in four innings of work in the first installment of that game before the lighting outage caused a postponement.
Kershaw gave up four runs on nine hits and two walks his last time out against the Pirates. That snapped a streak of four consecutive starts where he gave up no runs and lasted at least eight innings. One of those games was against the Nats on July 18 when he threw eight shutout innings with just three hits allowed.
Enjoy the conversation as you watch and please check back in the morning (by 9 a.m.) for analysis of the game…
WASHINGTON NATIONALS at LOS ANGELES DODGERS
Where: Dodger Stadium, Los Angeles
Gametime: 10:10 p.m. EDT
TV: MASN, MLB.tv
Radio: 106.7 FM, 1500 AM, XM 869
Weather: Sunny, 78 degrees, Wind 5 mph
3B Yunel Escobar
2B Anthony Rendon
RF Bryce Harper
1B Ryan Zimmerman
LF Jayson Werth
SS Ian Desmond
C Wilson Ramos
CF Michael Taylor
RHP Jordan Zimmermann
LF Carl Crawford
SS Kiké Hernandez
1B Adrian Gonzalez
C Yasmani Grandal
RF Yasiel Puig
3B Alberto Callaspo
CF Joc Pederson
2B Jose Peraza
LHP Clayton Kershaw
HP Dan Iassogna
1B Lance Barrett
2B Dale Scott (cc)
3B C.B. Bucknor
FINAL NL EAST STANDINGS
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2015 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- Stephen Strasburg returns to Nats lineup after DL stint
- 8 bold MLB predictions sure to be proven wrong
- Washington Nationals second half preview
- Nationals players were critical of Dave Martinez's decision-making in the first half
- Max Scherzer thoroughly enjoyed the All-Star experience in D.C.
- All-Star effort once again proves Washington, D.C. is, in fact, a sports city
- The best 2018 MLB All-Star Game red carpet looks
- A quick recap of Tuesday's MLB All-Star Game, including how your Nats did
- 2018 MLB All-Star Game Live Blog
- All-Star Game Weather: Storms causing traffic havoc, could force delay, postponement