Aug 11, 2015, 12:56 PM EDT
This week’s episode of ‘The Baseball Show’ went in depth on the Nationals’ pitching staff and the team’s most recent homestand. The Nats kicked off a big road trip with an important win on Monday night and perhaps turned the page after a tough weekend.
That said, there is no question the Nats missed an opportunity at home before they headed out west. Mark broke down the most recent homestand with Sebastian Salazar and Joe Orsulak. They also looked at the Nats’ pitching staff and how it is shaping up for the pennant race. And at the bottom of this page, you can find my segment on Max Scherzer’s charity fantasy football league.
How trades and injuries have affected the Nats’ pitching staff:
Looking at the recent homestand:
Max Scherzer to host fantasy football league for charity:
FINAL NL EAST STANDINGS
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2015 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- Nationals' Joe Ross to start against team that drafted him
- Stephen Strasburg has career-high 15 strikeouts in Nationals win over Padres
- Nationals players visit local little league baseball teams
- Bryce Harper launches mammoth home run into third deck at National Park
- Max Scherzer absolutely dominates Padres, piles up 13 strikeouts
- Anthony Rendon homers in third straight game, but Nationals fall to Mariners in series finale
- Nats beat Mariners behind Joe Ross' career day in return from minors
- WATCH: Werth and Harper go back-to-back, Rendon hits 2 HRs in Nats win
- Nationals beat Braves, snap losing skid behind Stephen Strasburg's strong start
- 2017 MLB Power Rankings: As Bryce Harper goes, so do the Nationals