Aug 11, 2015, 7:10 PM EST
The Nationals did their part last night in winning their series opener against the Dodgers. Now we find out if that carries over at all to tonight’s contest, in which they’ll be facing a far more imposing man on the mound: Zack Greinke.
Greinke dominated the Nats three weeks ago, holding them to three hits over eight innings to extend his scoreless-inning streak. He did, however, get roughed up in his last outing by the Phillies, who scored five runs in the first inning and wound up with six total runs in six innings against the right-hander.
Joe Ross, meanwhile, gets the ball for the Nationals, the rookie having essentially displaced Doug Fister in the rotation for the foreseeable future. Ross has yet to face the Dodgers, so he should hold an advantage in that regard. He’s also looking to extend a fairly remarkable streak: He has yet to allow more than three earned runs in any of his seven big-league starts to date.
UPDATE AT 8:05 P.M. — Bryce Harper has been scratched from the Nats lineup with left knee soreness. Ryan Zimmerman gets bumped up to the No. 3 spot, with Clint Robinson now batting cleanup and starting in right field.
Enjoy the game and the late-night conversation…
WASHINGTON NATIONALS at LOS ANGELES DODGERS
Where: Dodger Stadium, Los Angeles
Gametime: 10:10 p.m. EDT
TV: MASN, MLB.tv
Radio: 106.7 FM, 1500 AM, XM 183/869
Weather: Clear, 72 degrees, Wind 6 mph out to CF
3B Yunel Escobar
2B Anthony Rendon
RF Bryce Harper
1B Ryan Zimmerman
RF Clint Robinson
LF Jayson Werth
SS Ian Desmond
C Wilson Ramos
CF Michael Taylor
RHP Joe Ross
SS Jimmy Rollins
3B Alberto Callaspo
1B Adrian Gonzalez
LF Andre Ethier
C Yasmani Grandal
RF Yasiel Puig
CF Joc Pederson
2B Kiké Hernandez
RHP Zack Greinke
HP C.B. Bucknor
1B Dan Iassogna
2B Lance Barrett
3B Dale Scott (cc)
FINAL NL EAST STANDINGS
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2015 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- Why Bryce Harper would be a bargain at $500 million
- Nats' Max Scherzer wins second straight NL Cy Young Award
- Max Scherzer and Ryan Zimmerman receive honors from fellow ballplayers
- Two-time Cy Young winner Roy Halladay dies in Gulf of Mexico plane crash
- Nationals' Scherzer, Strasburg named two of the three NL Cy Young finalists
- Matt Wieters will return to Nationals in 2018 with player-option
- Houston Astros shut out lights in Hollywood, bring home first World Series title
- Is Bryce Harper flirting with Chicago?
- Whoa. Dusty Baker not returning as Nationals' manager. What comes next?
- Nationals second baseman Daniel Murphy undergoes successful knee surgery