Aug 11, 2015, 4:28 PM EDT
On this week’s episode of ‘Baseball in the District,’ Tim Murray and I welcomed in Mike Ferrin of Sirius XM radio. Ferrin is alway insightful and had great stuff to share from a national perspective on the Nats.
Ferrin talked about the NL East race, whether it’s time for Nats fans to panic and how much Doug Fister and Ian Desmond have hurt their free agent value this season. Ferrin also discussed the recent criticism of Matt Williams.
Before bringing in Ferrin, Tim and I talked about the Nats’ most recent homestand, the recent report from CBS Sports about the clubhouse and how the starting rotation may be rounding into form.
You can listen to the show on ESPN 980’s website or download it on iTunes.
FINAL NL EAST STANDINGS
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2015 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- Nationals offense provides no support in Strasburg's return
- Matt Grace, Howie Kendrick lead Nationals past San Diego Padres
- Max Scherzer scratched from start against San Diego, heading to DL
- Mike Rizzo details the rehabilitation process for Bryce Harper to return for Nationals
- Howie Kendrick hits two homeruns for Nationals against former team
- Howie Kendrick's extra-inning grand slam finally puts Nats-Giants series to bed
- Bryce Harper suffers bone bruise in knee
- Bryce Harper injured in Nationals' 3-1 win
- Bryce Harper carried off field with gruesome knee injury after slipping on first base
- Giants-Nationals game postponed after lengthy rain delay