Aug 11, 2015, 4:28 PM EDT
On this week’s episode of ‘Baseball in the District,’ Tim Murray and I welcomed in Mike Ferrin of Sirius XM radio. Ferrin is alway insightful and had great stuff to share from a national perspective on the Nats.
Ferrin talked about the NL East race, whether it’s time for Nats fans to panic and how much Doug Fister and Ian Desmond have hurt their free agent value this season. Ferrin also discussed the recent criticism of Matt Williams.
Before bringing in Ferrin, Tim and I talked about the Nats’ most recent homestand, the recent report from CBS Sports about the clubhouse and how the starting rotation may be rounding into form.
You can listen to the show on ESPN 980’s website or download it on iTunes.
FINAL NL EAST STANDINGS
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2015 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- Nationals' offense remains quiet in 2-0 loss to Toronto
- What to watch for in Major League Baseball this weekend
- MLB reveals 2018 All-Star Game uniforms taking place at Nationals Park
- Nats prospect update: Fedde hit hard in second start, but Soto continues to impress
- Mark Lerner takes control of Nationals from father Ted
- Juan Soto crushes two homers in Nats win over Yankees
- While you were watching the Caps win the Stanley Cup, here's what the Nats have been up to
- Mike Rizzo wants anonymous Bryce Harper critic to 'put your name on it'
- Harper is hit twice by pitches and Yankees top Nats
- Murphy activated off DL, to make season debut for Nats