Aug 11, 2015, 4:28 PM EDT
On this week’s episode of ‘Baseball in the District,’ Tim Murray and I welcomed in Mike Ferrin of Sirius XM radio. Ferrin is alway insightful and had great stuff to share from a national perspective on the Nats.
Ferrin talked about the NL East race, whether it’s time for Nats fans to panic and how much Doug Fister and Ian Desmond have hurt their free agent value this season. Ferrin also discussed the recent criticism of Matt Williams.
Before bringing in Ferrin, Tim and I talked about the Nats’ most recent homestand, the recent report from CBS Sports about the clubhouse and how the starting rotation may be rounding into form.
You can listen to the show on ESPN 980’s website or download it on iTunes.
FINAL NL EAST STANDINGS
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2015 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- Max Scherzer's bid for third no-hitter ends in heartbreak
- The Nats got hot Tuesday in Miami with 12-3 win over Marlins
- Tanner Roark unable to preserve six-run lead before Marlins walk off Nationals in ninth
- Jacob DeGrom denies Nationals sweep of Mets on Father's Day
- Nationals hit three homers to win third straight game against Mets
- Nationals look to win series against Mets behind Stephen Strasburg
- Scherzer strikes out 10, leads Nationals over Mets 7-2
- Gio Gonzalez and Daniel Murphy dominated in Nationals' 8-3 win over the Mets
- Bryce Harper hits hardest home run of his career
- 2017 MLB All-Star Game date, time, how to watch, rosters