Aug 11, 2015, 4:28 PM EST
On this week’s episode of ‘Baseball in the District,’ Tim Murray and I welcomed in Mike Ferrin of Sirius XM radio. Ferrin is alway insightful and had great stuff to share from a national perspective on the Nats.
Ferrin talked about the NL East race, whether it’s time for Nats fans to panic and how much Doug Fister and Ian Desmond have hurt their free agent value this season. Ferrin also discussed the recent criticism of Matt Williams.
Before bringing in Ferrin, Tim and I talked about the Nats’ most recent homestand, the recent report from CBS Sports about the clubhouse and how the starting rotation may be rounding into form.
You can listen to the show on ESPN 980’s website or download it on iTunes.
FINAL NL EAST STANDINGS
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2015 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- Bryce Harper enjoyed the story of Alex Luey and Ovechkin's hat trick for the young cancer survivor
- Max Scherzer Giving Away Memorabilia For Good Cause
- Why Bryce Harper would be a bargain at $500 million
- Nats' Max Scherzer wins second straight NL Cy Young Award
- Max Scherzer and Ryan Zimmerman receive honors from fellow ballplayers
- Two-time Cy Young winner Roy Halladay dies in Gulf of Mexico plane crash
- Nationals' Scherzer, Strasburg named two of the three NL Cy Young finalists
- Matt Wieters will return to Nationals in 2018 with player-option
- Houston Astros shut out lights in Hollywood, bring home first World Series title
- Is Bryce Harper flirting with Chicago?