Aug 11, 2015, 4:28 PM EDT
On this week’s episode of ‘Baseball in the District,’ Tim Murray and I welcomed in Mike Ferrin of Sirius XM radio. Ferrin is alway insightful and had great stuff to share from a national perspective on the Nats.
Ferrin talked about the NL East race, whether it’s time for Nats fans to panic and how much Doug Fister and Ian Desmond have hurt their free agent value this season. Ferrin also discussed the recent criticism of Matt Williams.
Before bringing in Ferrin, Tim and I talked about the Nats’ most recent homestand, the recent report from CBS Sports about the clubhouse and how the starting rotation may be rounding into form.
You can listen to the show on ESPN 980’s website or download it on iTunes.
FINAL NL EAST STANDINGS
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2015 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- Nationals' Joe Ross to start against team that drafted him
- Stephen Strasburg has career-high 15 strikeouts in Nationals win over Padres
- Nationals players visit local little league baseball teams
- Bryce Harper launches mammoth home run into third deck at National Park
- Max Scherzer absolutely dominates Padres, piles up 13 strikeouts
- Anthony Rendon homers in third straight game, but Nationals fall to Mariners in series finale
- Nats beat Mariners behind Joe Ross' career day in return from minors
- WATCH: Werth and Harper go back-to-back, Rendon hits 2 HRs in Nats win
- Nationals beat Braves, snap losing skid behind Stephen Strasburg's strong start
- 2017 MLB Power Rankings: As Bryce Harper goes, so do the Nationals