Aug 10, 2015, 6:15 PM EST
Long West Coast trips always make for a tough challenge. Long West Coast trips on the heels of a disappointing homestand make for an even tougher challenge. But, alas, this is the challenge facing the Nationals right now, with a 3-city, 9-game trip opening tonight at Dodger Stadium.
With Clayton Kershaw and Zack Greinke set to start the next two nights, the Nationals have to try to take advantage of tonight’s matchup against Brett Anderson. The left-hander has been on a roll, though, posting a 2.43 ERA over his last nine starts.
Then again, Gio Gonzalez has been pretty good lately, as well, with a 1.77 ERA over his last seven starts. The key, as always with Gio, is keeping his pitch count manageable so he gives himself a chance to pitch deep into the game.
I’m not out west with the Nats for this trip, but I’ll be staying up along with the rest of you to watch. Enjoy…
WASHINGTON NATIONALS at LOS ANGELES DODGERS
Where: Dodger Stadium, Los Angeles
Gametime: 10:10 p.m. EDT
TV: MASN, MLB.tv
Radio: 106.7 FM, 1500 AM, XM 186/869
Weather: Clear, 70 degrees, Wind 7 mph out to CF
3B Yunel Escobar
2B Anthony Rendon
RF Bryce Harper
1B Ryan Zimmerman
LF Jayson Werth
SS Ian Desmond
C Jose Lobaton
CF Michael Taylor
LHP Gio Gonzalez
SS Jimmy Rollins
2B Jose Peraza
RF Yasiel Puig
1B Scott Van Slyke
CF Kiké Hernandez
3B Alberto Callaspo
LF Alex Guerrero
C A.J. Ellis
LHP Brett Anderson
HP Dale Scott (cc)
1B C.B. Bucknor
2B Dan Iassogna
3B Lance Barrett
FINAL NL EAST STANDINGS
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2015 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- Will Mike Rizzo continue to shape the Nationals? The Junkies believe he's too valuable to lose
- Nationals re-sign Howie Kendrick for two-years
- See hilarious highlights from Nats' Racing Presidents tryouts
- Bryce Harper enjoyed the story of Alex Luey and Ovechkin's hat trick for the young cancer survivor
- Max Scherzer Giving Away Memorabilia For Good Cause
- Why Bryce Harper would be a bargain at $500 million
- Nats' Max Scherzer wins second straight NL Cy Young Award
- Max Scherzer and Ryan Zimmerman receive honors from fellow ballplayers
- Two-time Cy Young winner Roy Halladay dies in Gulf of Mexico plane crash
- Nationals' Scherzer, Strasburg named two of the three NL Cy Young finalists