Aug 10, 2015, 6:15 PM EDT
Long West Coast trips always make for a tough challenge. Long West Coast trips on the heels of a disappointing homestand make for an even tougher challenge. But, alas, this is the challenge facing the Nationals right now, with a 3-city, 9-game trip opening tonight at Dodger Stadium.
With Clayton Kershaw and Zack Greinke set to start the next two nights, the Nationals have to try to take advantage of tonight’s matchup against Brett Anderson. The left-hander has been on a roll, though, posting a 2.43 ERA over his last nine starts.
Then again, Gio Gonzalez has been pretty good lately, as well, with a 1.77 ERA over his last seven starts. The key, as always with Gio, is keeping his pitch count manageable so he gives himself a chance to pitch deep into the game.
I’m not out west with the Nats for this trip, but I’ll be staying up along with the rest of you to watch. Enjoy…
WASHINGTON NATIONALS at LOS ANGELES DODGERS
Where: Dodger Stadium, Los Angeles
Gametime: 10:10 p.m. EDT
TV: MASN, MLB.tv
Radio: 106.7 FM, 1500 AM, XM 186/869
Weather: Clear, 70 degrees, Wind 7 mph out to CF
3B Yunel Escobar
2B Anthony Rendon
RF Bryce Harper
1B Ryan Zimmerman
LF Jayson Werth
SS Ian Desmond
C Jose Lobaton
CF Michael Taylor
LHP Gio Gonzalez
SS Jimmy Rollins
2B Jose Peraza
RF Yasiel Puig
1B Scott Van Slyke
CF Kiké Hernandez
3B Alberto Callaspo
LF Alex Guerrero
C A.J. Ellis
LHP Brett Anderson
HP Dale Scott (cc)
1B C.B. Bucknor
2B Dan Iassogna
3B Lance Barrett
FINAL NL EAST STANDINGS
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2015 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- MLB 2018 Power Rankings: Preseason Edition
- The sound of Bryce Harper's first spring training HR is beautiful
- Per usual, Max Scherzer strikes out Tim Tebow on three pitches
- Camels and players bond at Nats Spring Training
- Nationals Spring Training Schedule 2018
- With Ross placed on 60-day DL, Nationals agree to 1-year deal with veteran reliever
- It's Day 1 of spring training and Bryce Harper is already done taking questions regarding his future
- May the odds be ever in your favor: Vegas sets over/unders for 2018 MLB season
- Former Nationals pitcher Esteban Loaiza arrested with more than 40 pounds of suspected cocaine
- 2018 Spring Training report dates