Aug 10, 2015, 6:15 PM EDT
Long West Coast trips always make for a tough challenge. Long West Coast trips on the heels of a disappointing homestand make for an even tougher challenge. But, alas, this is the challenge facing the Nationals right now, with a 3-city, 9-game trip opening tonight at Dodger Stadium.
With Clayton Kershaw and Zack Greinke set to start the next two nights, the Nationals have to try to take advantage of tonight’s matchup against Brett Anderson. The left-hander has been on a roll, though, posting a 2.43 ERA over his last nine starts.
Then again, Gio Gonzalez has been pretty good lately, as well, with a 1.77 ERA over his last seven starts. The key, as always with Gio, is keeping his pitch count manageable so he gives himself a chance to pitch deep into the game.
I’m not out west with the Nats for this trip, but I’ll be staying up along with the rest of you to watch. Enjoy…
WASHINGTON NATIONALS at LOS ANGELES DODGERS
Where: Dodger Stadium, Los Angeles
Gametime: 10:10 p.m. EDT
TV: MASN, MLB.tv
Radio: 106.7 FM, 1500 AM, XM 186/869
Weather: Clear, 70 degrees, Wind 7 mph out to CF
3B Yunel Escobar
2B Anthony Rendon
RF Bryce Harper
1B Ryan Zimmerman
LF Jayson Werth
SS Ian Desmond
C Jose Lobaton
CF Michael Taylor
LHP Gio Gonzalez
SS Jimmy Rollins
2B Jose Peraza
RF Yasiel Puig
1B Scott Van Slyke
CF Kiké Hernandez
3B Alberto Callaspo
LF Alex Guerrero
C A.J. Ellis
LHP Brett Anderson
HP Dale Scott (cc)
1B C.B. Bucknor
2B Dan Iassogna
3B Lance Barrett
FINAL NL EAST STANDINGS
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2015 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- Mike Rizzo details the rehabilitation process for Bryce Harper to return for Nationals
- Howie Kendrick hits two homeruns for Nationals against former team
- Howie Kendrick's extra-inning grand slam finally puts Nats-Giants series to bed
- Bryce Harper suffers bone bruise in knee
- Bryce Harper injured in Nationals' 3-1 win
- Bryce Harper carried off field with gruesome knee injury after slipping on first base
- Giants-Nationals game postponed after lengthy rain delay
- Andrew Stevenson makes game saving catch to help Nationals beat Marlins
- All nickname jerseys for the Washington Nationals
- Ryan Zimmerman breaks franchise record against Marlins