Aug 5, 2015, 3:06 PM EDT
With Stephen Strasburg fresh off two rehab appearances at Syracuse, and the continued development of Trea Turner in Triple-A, we thought it was a good time to bring in Chiefs’ play-by-play voice Kevin Brown for the latest episode of ‘Baseball in the District.’
Brown was great on Strasburg and the reaction from fans in Syracuse after seeing him from the first time since 2011. He also had good insight on what type of player Turner could become at the major league level.
In addition to talking to Brown, Tim Murray and I discussed the Nats’ new-look bullpen, criticism of Matt Williams, the budding rivalry with the Mets and how long they should wait for Ian Desmond to come around.
You can listen to the show on ESPN 980’s website or download it on iTunes.
FINAL NL EAST STANDINGS
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2015 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- Mike Rizzo details the rehabilitation process for Bryce Harper to return for Nationals
- Howie Kendrick hits two homeruns for Nationals against former team
- Howie Kendrick's extra-inning grand slam finally puts Nats-Giants series to bed
- Bryce Harper suffers bone bruise in knee
- Bryce Harper injured in Nationals' 3-1 win
- Bryce Harper carried off field with gruesome knee injury after slipping on first base
- Giants-Nationals game postponed after lengthy rain delay
- Andrew Stevenson makes game saving catch to help Nationals beat Marlins
- All nickname jerseys for the Washington Nationals
- Ryan Zimmerman breaks franchise record against Marlins