Aug 5, 2015, 3:06 PM EST
With Stephen Strasburg fresh off two rehab appearances at Syracuse, and the continued development of Trea Turner in Triple-A, we thought it was a good time to bring in Chiefs’ play-by-play voice Kevin Brown for the latest episode of ‘Baseball in the District.’
Brown was great on Strasburg and the reaction from fans in Syracuse after seeing him from the first time since 2011. He also had good insight on what type of player Turner could become at the major league level.
In addition to talking to Brown, Tim Murray and I discussed the Nats’ new-look bullpen, criticism of Matt Williams, the budding rivalry with the Mets and how long they should wait for Ian Desmond to come around.
You can listen to the show on ESPN 980’s website or download it on iTunes.
FINAL NL EAST STANDINGS
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2015 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- Will Mike Rizzo continue to shape the Nationals? The Junkies believe he's too valuable to lose
- Nationals re-sign Howie Kendrick for two-years
- See hilarious highlights from Nats' Racing Presidents tryouts
- Bryce Harper enjoyed the story of Alex Luey and Ovechkin's hat trick for the young cancer survivor
- Max Scherzer Giving Away Memorabilia For Good Cause
- Why Bryce Harper would be a bargain at $500 million
- Nats' Max Scherzer wins second straight NL Cy Young Award
- Max Scherzer and Ryan Zimmerman receive honors from fellow ballplayers
- Two-time Cy Young winner Roy Halladay dies in Gulf of Mexico plane crash
- Nationals' Scherzer, Strasburg named two of the three NL Cy Young finalists