Aug 5, 2015, 3:06 PM EDT
With Stephen Strasburg fresh off two rehab appearances at Syracuse, and the continued development of Trea Turner in Triple-A, we thought it was a good time to bring in Chiefs’ play-by-play voice Kevin Brown for the latest episode of ‘Baseball in the District.’
Brown was great on Strasburg and the reaction from fans in Syracuse after seeing him from the first time since 2011. He also had good insight on what type of player Turner could become at the major league level.
In addition to talking to Brown, Tim Murray and I discussed the Nats’ new-look bullpen, criticism of Matt Williams, the budding rivalry with the Mets and how long they should wait for Ian Desmond to come around.
You can listen to the show on ESPN 980’s website or download it on iTunes.
FINAL NL EAST STANDINGS
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2015 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- Nats put Scherzer-Strasburg scuffle aside to split Braves series
- Nationals trade Brian Goodwin to Kansas City Royals
- What to make of the Strasburg-Scherzer shouting match in the Nationals' dugout
- Saturday's Nationals game rained out, to be postponed
- Strasburg, Scherzer get in heated conversation after ugly inning
- Stephen Strasburg returns to Nats lineup after DL stint
- 8 bold MLB predictions sure to be proven wrong
- Washington Nationals second half preview
- Nationals players were critical of Dave Martinez's decision-making in the first half
- Max Scherzer thoroughly enjoyed the All-Star experience in D.C.