Aug 3, 2015, 11:44 AM EST
This week’s episode of ‘The Baseball Show’ came at a good time, as it allowed Mark to break down the Nats’ series against the New York Mets with Rob Carlin and Joe Orsulak. They made sense of the sweep and also took a look at Matt Williams’ decision-making over the weekend. He has taken a lot of heat from fans with the way he used his bullpen, opting not to pitch Drew Storen or Jonathan Papelbon on several key moments.
These first two clips look at the matchup between the Nationals and Mets and the potential this rivalry could hold in a pennant race…
This next video looks at Williams’ handling of the bullpen this weekend…
The following clip is a discussion about Bryce Harper’s ejection on Friday night…
And finally, here is a segment on the addition of Papelbon…
FINAL NL EAST STANDINGS
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2015 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- Which Washington Nationals might show up on 2019 MLB awards ballots?
- It’s time to fix baseball’s postseason award shows
- The Nationals need a left-handed rotation piece; Why Patrick Corbin is their best option
- How to entice Bryce Harper into re-signing with the Nationals? With food, of course!
- Here's why one writer voted for Max Scherzer over Jacob deGrom for NL Cy Young
- Nathan Eovaldi represents the versatile type of pitcher the Nationals need
- Scherzer finishes second in Cy Young voting
- Nationals can afford to lose Bryce Harper, the Orioles will just lose with or without Manny Machado
- How does Max Scherzer's recent dominance compare to other stretches in MLB history?
- Here's how the Nationals outfield could sustain the loss of Bryce Harper