Aug 3, 2015, 11:44 AM EDT
This week’s episode of ‘The Baseball Show’ came at a good time, as it allowed Mark to break down the Nats’ series against the New York Mets with Rob Carlin and Joe Orsulak. They made sense of the sweep and also took a look at Matt Williams’ decision-making over the weekend. He has taken a lot of heat from fans with the way he used his bullpen, opting not to pitch Drew Storen or Jonathan Papelbon on several key moments.
These first two clips look at the matchup between the Nationals and Mets and the potential this rivalry could hold in a pennant race…
This next video looks at Williams’ handling of the bullpen this weekend…
The following clip is a discussion about Bryce Harper’s ejection on Friday night…
And finally, here is a segment on the addition of Papelbon…
FINAL NL EAST STANDINGS
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2015 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- 2018 MLB Wild Card Playoff Race: The Dodgers are back
- Strasburg fans 11, Nationals top Marlins 4-2
- Nationals headed to Fresno, California
- Last-place Marlins use balked-in run to come back against the Nationals
- Victor Robles' first home run give Nationals fans something to be happy about in September
- Nationals still fighting for NL wild-card spot as they visit Marlins
- Braves' NL East lead still 6½ games after 6-4 loss to Nats
- Soto continues historic debut season as Nats take down East-leading Braves
- Max Scherzer surrenders season-high six runs in 10-5 loss to Braves
- 2018 MLB Wild Card Race: Milwaukee Brewers are set, take aim at division