Aug 3, 2015, 9:05 PM EDT
Stephen Strasburg completed his second minor league rehab game on Monday night with Triple-A Syracuse, as he continues his road back from a strained left oblique muscle.
Strasburg threw 85 pitches in 5 2/3 innings of work with two earned runs allowed on five hits, 11 strikeouts and no walks against the Pawtucket Red Sox. Pawtucket’s lineup featured several players with big league experience including Jemile Weeks, Allen Craig and former Nats’ catcher Sandy Leon.
Strasburg began his rehab assignment on July 29 with Syracuse. That day he allowed three earned runs in four innings on 64 total pitches. After working up to 85 pitches, he could be ready to rejoin the Nats’ rotation for his next outing.
Strasburg has been on the disabled list since July 5. He left the Nationals’ game the day before against the San Francisco Giants after feeling discomfort in his side.
Strasburg is 5-5 with a 5.16 ERA in 13 starts this season. He has dealt with several injuries this year dating back to spring training including a left ankle sprain, left trapezius strain and a left oblique strain.
FINAL NL EAST STANDINGS
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2015 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- Did Max Scherzer's dance moves cause the Junkies' broadcast to lose power?
- MLB 2018 Power Rankings: Preseason Edition
- The sound of Bryce Harper's first spring training HR is beautiful
- Per usual, Max Scherzer strikes out Tim Tebow on three pitches
- Camels and players bond at Nats Spring Training
- Nationals Spring Training Schedule 2018
- With Ross placed on 60-day DL, Nationals agree to 1-year deal with veteran reliever
- It's Day 1 of spring training and Bryce Harper is already done taking questions regarding his future
- May the odds be ever in your favor: Vegas sets over/unders for 2018 MLB season
- Former Nationals pitcher Esteban Loaiza arrested with more than 40 pounds of suspected cocaine