Aug 3, 2015, 12:02 PM EDT
The Nationals’ July 8 postponed game against the Reds has been rescheduled for Sept. 28, now the club’s regular-season home finale for 2015.
The makeup game will be played at 3:05 p.m. EDT, with the Nats immediately departing afterward for their season-ending road trip to Atlanta and New York. The Reds will be forced to fly to Washington for one day in the middle of a homestand.
The two clubs had only one other common off-day, August 17, but that date presented significant problems. The Nationals are in the middle of a West Coast trip then and thus would have to fly all the way to D.C. and back for the makeup game. That also would have resulted in a stretch of more than 20 consecutive days with scheduled games, which would have required approval by the players’ association.
Fans who held tickets for the postponed July 8 game may use them for the rescheduled Sept. 28 game or exchange them for any available comparable ticket to another game this season.
FINAL NL EAST STANDINGS
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2015 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- Nationals offense provides no support in Strasburg's return
- Matt Grace, Howie Kendrick lead Nationals past San Diego Padres
- Max Scherzer scratched from start against San Diego, heading to DL
- Mike Rizzo details the rehabilitation process for Bryce Harper to return for Nationals
- Howie Kendrick hits two homeruns for Nationals against former team
- Howie Kendrick's extra-inning grand slam finally puts Nats-Giants series to bed
- Bryce Harper suffers bone bruise in knee
- Bryce Harper injured in Nationals' 3-1 win
- Bryce Harper carried off field with gruesome knee injury after slipping on first base
- Giants-Nationals game postponed after lengthy rain delay