Aug 3, 2015, 12:02 PM EST
The Nationals’ July 8 postponed game against the Reds has been rescheduled for Sept. 28, now the club’s regular-season home finale for 2015.
The makeup game will be played at 3:05 p.m. EDT, with the Nats immediately departing afterward for their season-ending road trip to Atlanta and New York. The Reds will be forced to fly to Washington for one day in the middle of a homestand.
The two clubs had only one other common off-day, August 17, but that date presented significant problems. The Nationals are in the middle of a West Coast trip then and thus would have to fly all the way to D.C. and back for the makeup game. That also would have resulted in a stretch of more than 20 consecutive days with scheduled games, which would have required approval by the players’ association.
Fans who held tickets for the postponed July 8 game may use them for the rescheduled Sept. 28 game or exchange them for any available comparable ticket to another game this season.
FINAL NL EAST STANDINGS
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2015 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- How to watch NBC Sports Washington's full interview with Nationals owner Mark Lerner
- Radio silence from Bryce Harper hasn't quieted Mark Lerner's confidence in Nationals
- Exclusive: Nats owner Mark Lerner says they haven't heard from Bryce Harper and Scott Boras in months
- What’s next for Trea Turner? Running (a lot) more
- Nationals reportedly have no plans to give Bryce Harper a mega-deal comparable to Manny Machado’s
- Anthony Rendon is ‘all ears’ if the Nationals want to continue talking extension
- NHL Hall of Famer Bobby Orr visits Nationals Spring Training
- The latest reports and rumors about Bryce Harper, one day after Manny Machado picked Padres
- A quick inside look at the Nationals Circle of Trust, which jumpstarts each day
- How does Manny Machado's deal affect Bryce Harper? Racing Presidents crew reacts