Aug 3, 2015, 12:02 PM EDT
The Nationals’ July 8 postponed game against the Reds has been rescheduled for Sept. 28, now the club’s regular-season home finale for 2015.
The makeup game will be played at 3:05 p.m. EDT, with the Nats immediately departing afterward for their season-ending road trip to Atlanta and New York. The Reds will be forced to fly to Washington for one day in the middle of a homestand.
The two clubs had only one other common off-day, August 17, but that date presented significant problems. The Nationals are in the middle of a West Coast trip then and thus would have to fly all the way to D.C. and back for the makeup game. That also would have resulted in a stretch of more than 20 consecutive days with scheduled games, which would have required approval by the players’ association.
Fans who held tickets for the postponed July 8 game may use them for the rescheduled Sept. 28 game or exchange them for any available comparable ticket to another game this season.
FINAL NL EAST STANDINGS
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2015 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- Saturday's Nationals game rained out, to be postponed
- Strasburg, Scherzer get in heated conversation after ugly inning
- Stephen Strasburg returns to Nats lineup after DL stint
- 8 bold MLB predictions sure to be proven wrong
- Washington Nationals second half preview
- Nationals players were critical of Dave Martinez's decision-making in the first half
- Max Scherzer thoroughly enjoyed the All-Star experience in D.C.
- All-Star effort once again proves Washington, D.C. is, in fact, a sports city
- The best 2018 MLB All-Star Game red carpet looks
- A quick recap of Tuesday's MLB All-Star Game, including how your Nats did