Aug 2, 2015, 4:24 PM EDT
Following another one-run loss to the Mets, the Nationals now enter Sunday night hoping to avoid a three-game sweep. The game will be on national television – like the first two were – as ESPN’s Sunday Night Baseball showcase.
Jordan Zimmermann (8-6, 3.36) will square off against talented rookie right-hander Noah Syndergaard (5-5, 2.70). The Nats have won six of the last seven games Zimmermann has started. He last faced the Mets two starts ago and led them to a win with three runs allowed in seven innings of work.
Syndergaard took a no-decision the last time he faced the Nats on July 22 when he gave up one earned run in five innings. He was dominant in his last outing with eight scoreless innings, nine strikeouts and no walks against the Padres.
Matt Williams made a slight change to his lineup today. He now has Yunel Escobar batting leadoff, with Anthony Rendon moving into the two-spot.
Enjoy the game and please check back for analysis…
WASHINGTON NATIONALS at NEW YORK METS
Where: Citi Field, New York
Gametime: 8:08 p.m. EDT
TV: ESPN, MLB.tv
Radio: 92.7 FM, 94.3 FM, 106.7 FM, 980 AM, 1500 AM, XM 89/869
Weather: Sunny, 81 degrees, wind 8 mph in from RF
3B Yunel Escobar
2B Anthony Rendon
RF Bryce Harper
1B Ryan Zimmerman
LF Jayson Werth
SS Ian Desmond
C Jose Lobaton
CF Michael Taylor
RHP Jordan Zimmermann
RF Curtis Granderson
2B Daniel Murphy
CF Yoenis Cespedes
1B Lucas Duda
3B Juan Uribe
LF Kelly Johnson
C Kevin Plawecki
RHP Noah Syndergaard
SS Ruben Tejada
HP Andy Fletcher
1B Paul Emmel
2B Jerry Meals (cc)
3B Jordan Baker
FINAL NL EAST STANDINGS
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2015 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- Trea Turner has a career game as Nats clobber Reds
- Harper's 10th-inning single lifts Nationals past Reds 6-5
- Max Scherzer's bid for third no-hitter ends in heartbreak
- The Nats got hot Tuesday in Miami with 12-3 win over Marlins
- Tanner Roark unable to preserve six-run lead before Marlins walk off Nationals in ninth
- Jacob DeGrom denies Nationals sweep of Mets on Father's Day
- Nationals hit three homers to win third straight game against Mets
- Nationals look to win series against Mets behind Stephen Strasburg
- Scherzer strikes out 10, leads Nationals over Mets 7-2
- Gio Gonzalez and Daniel Murphy dominated in Nationals' 8-3 win over the Mets