Aug 1, 2015, 3:25 PM EST
Friday night’s game was a thriller, but the Nationals found themselves on the wrong end of it, as the Mets took the series opener 2-1 in 12 innings on a walk-off home run. Now rookie Joe Ross (3-4, 3.03) will get his shot at the New York Mets opposite of reigning NL Rookie of the Year, Jacob deGrom (10-6, 2.05).
Ross and deGrom squared off on July 21 when the Mets beat the Nationals 7-2 in Washington. Ross gave up three runs (2 ER) in 6 1/3 innings of work. That was good, but not enough to match deGrom, who gave up two runs in six innings. Tanner Roark relieved Ross that day and allowed four runs in 1/3 innings to put the game out of reach.
This will be deGrom’s fourth start of the season against the Nats. He has allowed seven runs in 17 1/3 total innings in his three outings so far.
The Mets have their newest acquisition, Yoenis Cespedes, in the lineup and batting third. We’ll see what he has in store for his Mets debut.
Enjoy the game and please check back for analysis…
WASHINGTON NATIONALS at NEW YORK METS
Where: Citi Field, New York
Gametime: 7:10 p.m. EDT
TV: MASN, MLB Network (outside D.C. and N.Y. markets), MLB.tv
Radio: 106.7 FM, 1500 AM, XM 869
Weather: Partly cloudy, 84 degrees, wind 10 mph out to CF
2B Anthony Rendon
3B Yunel Escobar
RF Bryce Harper
1B Ryan Zimmerman
LF Jayson Werth
SS Ian Desmond
C Wilson Ramos
CF Michael Taylor
RHP Joe Ross
RF Curtis Granderson
3B Daniel Murphy
LF Yoenis Cespedes
1B Lucas Duda
2B Wilmer Flores
RF Kelly Johnson
C Travis d’Arnuad
RHP Jacob deGrom
SS Ruben Tejada
HP Andy Fletcher
1B Jordan Baker
2B Paul Emmel
3B Jerry Meals (cc)
FINAL NL EAST STANDINGS
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2015 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- How to watch NBC Sports Washington's full interview with Nationals owner Mark Lerner
- Radio silence from Bryce Harper hasn't quieted Mark Lerner's confidence in Nationals
- Exclusive: Nats owner Mark Lerner says they haven't heard from Bryce Harper and Scott Boras in months
- What’s next for Trea Turner? Running (a lot) more
- Nationals reportedly have no plans to give Bryce Harper a mega-deal comparable to Manny Machado’s
- Anthony Rendon is ‘all ears’ if the Nationals want to continue talking extension
- NHL Hall of Famer Bobby Orr visits Nationals Spring Training
- The latest reports and rumors about Bryce Harper, one day after Manny Machado picked Padres
- A quick inside look at the Nationals Circle of Trust, which jumpstarts each day
- How does Manny Machado's deal affect Bryce Harper? Racing Presidents crew reacts