Jul 31, 2015, 2:36 PM EST
NEW YORK — The Nationals roll into New York this weekend fresh off a series win against the Miami Marlins and with a three-game lead in first place in the NL East. The Mets will do their best to try and gain some ground in the division race against a Nats team that looks revitalized by the players they have recently activated off the disabled list.
Gio Gonzalez (8-4, 3.83) will start the Friday night opener opposite right-hander Matt Harvey (9-7, 3.16). Gio is in the middle of his best stretch of the 2015 season with a 1.45 ERA in his last five outings. He faced the Mets two starts ago and earned the win after allowing two earned runs in six innings of work.
Harvey has also been pitching well as of late with a 2.36 ERA in his last seven starts. He was opposite Gio in the July 20 matchup and took the loss after giving up five runs (4 ER) in seven innings.
Enjoy the game…
WASHINGTON NATIONALS at NEW YORK METS
Where: Citi Field, New York
Gametime: 7:10 p.m. EDT
TV: MASN, MLB Network (outside D.C. and N.Y. markets), MLB.tv
Radio: 106.7 FM, 1500 AM, XM 869
Weather: Clear, 85 degrees, wind 6 mph out to CF
2B Anthony Rendon
3B Yunel Escobar
LF Jayson Werth
RF Bryce Harper
1B Ryan Zimmerman
SS Ian Desmond
CF Michael Taylor
C Jose Lobaton
LHP Gio Gonzalez
RF Curtis Granderson
SS Ruben Tejada
1B Daniel Murphy
3B Juan Uribe
C Travis d’Arnaud
2B Wilmer Flores
CF Juan Lagares
LF Eric Campbell
RHP Matt Harvey
HP Jerry Meals (cc)
1B Andy Fletcher
2B Jordan Baker
3B Paul Emmel
FINAL NL EAST STANDINGS
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2015 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- Will Mike Rizzo continue to shape the Nationals? The Junkies believe he's too valuable to lose
- Nationals re-sign Howie Kendrick for two-years
- See hilarious highlights from Nats' Racing Presidents tryouts
- Bryce Harper enjoyed the story of Alex Luey and Ovechkin's hat trick for the young cancer survivor
- Max Scherzer Giving Away Memorabilia For Good Cause
- Why Bryce Harper would be a bargain at $500 million
- Nats' Max Scherzer wins second straight NL Cy Young Award
- Max Scherzer and Ryan Zimmerman receive honors from fellow ballplayers
- Two-time Cy Young winner Roy Halladay dies in Gulf of Mexico plane crash
- Nationals' Scherzer, Strasburg named two of the three NL Cy Young finalists