Jul 30, 2015, 10:13 AM EST
After an eventful Wednesday night that saw Bryce Harper homer twice, Doug Fister pitch more like Doug Fister, Drew Storen pitch a dominant eighth inning and the New York Mets both lose a game and botch a potential blockbuster trade … the Nationals find themselves back up 2 games in the NL East entering today’s series finale in Miami.
And they’ve got Max Scherzer on the mound against the Marlins, trying to win this series and send the club up to New York on a high note in advance of a huge weekend series at Citi Field. July has not been especially kind to Scherzer; he’s 1-3 with a 4.13 ERA this month. But he’ll have a chance to finish it off in a more positive fashion.
Jayson Werth, meanwhile, gets a day off after playing the last two nights. That’s not unexpected at all, and is something I think we’ll see regularly as the veteran returns from his lengthy DL stint. It also gives Clint Robinson a chance to get back in the lineup.
Enjoy the early matinee and the conversation here…
WASHINGTON NATIONALS at MIAMI MARLINS
Where: Marlins Park, Miami
Gametime: 12:10 p.m. EDT
TV: MASN, MLB.tv
Radio: 106.7 FM, 1500 AM, XM 869
2B Anthony Rendon
3B Yunel Escobar
RF Bryce Harper
LF Clint Robinson
1B Ryan Zimmerman
SS Ian Desmond
C Wilson Ramos
CF Michael Taylor
RHP Max Scherzer
2B Dee Gordon
RF Ichiro Suzuki
CF Christian Yelich
1B Casey McGehee
3B Martin Prado
LF Derek Dietrich
SS Adeiny Hechavarria
C Jeff Mathis
RHP Dan Haren
HP Alan Porter
1B Mark Repperger
2B Jeff Kellogg (cc)
3B Ben May
FINAL NL EAST STANDINGS
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2015 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- Will Mike Rizzo continue to shape the Nationals? The Junkies believe he's too valuable to lose
- Nationals re-sign Howie Kendrick for two-years
- See hilarious highlights from Nats' Racing Presidents tryouts
- Bryce Harper enjoyed the story of Alex Luey and Ovechkin's hat trick for the young cancer survivor
- Max Scherzer Giving Away Memorabilia For Good Cause
- Why Bryce Harper would be a bargain at $500 million
- Nats' Max Scherzer wins second straight NL Cy Young Award
- Max Scherzer and Ryan Zimmerman receive honors from fellow ballplayers
- Two-time Cy Young winner Roy Halladay dies in Gulf of Mexico plane crash
- Nationals' Scherzer, Strasburg named two of the three NL Cy Young finalists