Jul 29, 2015, 3:59 PM EDT
Jonathan Papelbon has officially joined the Nationals in Miami. Sammy Solis has been optioned to Class AAA Syracuse to clear a spot on the roster for the new closer. And Doug Fister has changed uniform numbers to accommodate Papelbon, going from 58 to 33.
Fister will be showing off the new threads right away, taking the mound tonight to face the Marlins and attempt to get the Nationals back on track after a 4-7 start to the second half of the season that leaves them a mere 1 game ahead of the Mets in the NL East. He’ll also try to reverse his own personal course after a ragged stretch that has seen the veteran right-hander post a 6.19 ERA over his last seven starts.
The almost-healthy Nats lineup looks the same as last night, except for Jose Lobaton catching instead of Wilson Ramos. That group will go up against right-hander Tom Koehler, who shut out the Nationals in Miami in April but then was roughed up for five runs (including three home runs clubbed by Bryce Harper) a couple weeks later in D.C.
Enjoy the game and the conversation here…
WASHINGTON NATIONALS at MIAMI MARLINS
Where: Marlins Park, Miami
Gametime: 7:10 p.m. EDT
TV: MASN2, MLB.tv
Radio: 106.7 FM, 1500 AM, XM 869
2B Anthony Rendon
3B Yunel Escobar
LF Jayson Werth
RF Bryce Harper
1B Ryan Zimmerman
SS Ian Desmond
CF Michael Taylor
C Jose Lobaton
RHP Doug Fister
2B Dee Gordon
3B Martin Prado
CF Christian Yelich
1B Justin Bour
C J.T. Realmuto
LF Derek Dietrich
RF Ichiro Suzuki
SS Adeiny Hechavarria
RHP Tom Koehler
HP Ben May
1B Alan Porter
2B Mark Repperger
3B Jeff Kellogg (cc)
FINAL NL EAST STANDINGS
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2015 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- Bryce Harper powers Nationals past Diamondbacks
- Nationals lose to Diamondbacks in dramatic fashion
- Nationals six-game winning streak comes to an end in Los Angeles
- Zimmerman sets franchise HR record, Nationals beat Reds 6-1
- Nationals new reliever Sean Doolittle grew up a Redskins fan
- Daniel Murphy homers twice in 14-4 rout of Reds
- Nationals aquire Doolittle from Athletics
- Bryce Harper homers twice, Nationals beat Reds 5-0
- Dallas fan Bryce Harper casually talks Cowboys with Joe Buck during All Star Game
- Bryce Harper goes "Miami Vice" at the All-star game red carpet