Jul 28, 2015, 4:46 PM EDT
There’s been a whole lotta stuff flying around today, most notably trade rumors, but ultimately there’s a ballgame to be played tonight in Miami. The Nationals continue their 3-city, 10-game trip beginning tonight at Marlins Park, where Jose Fernandez takes the mound as the latest big-name pitcher to take on this lineup.
The good news: The Nats have as close to a complete lineup as they’ve had in nearly 2 1/2 months, with Jayson Werth and Ryan Zimmerman activated off the DL this afternoon. Matt Williams had some decisions to make with his batting order, and he decided to go with Anthony Rendon in the leadoff spot, Werth in the 3-spot and Zimmerman in the 5-spot behind Bryce Harper. We’ll see how that plays out, and whether Harper gets any more pitches to hit with that kind of protection for the first time in a long time.
Jordan Zimmermann starts for the Nationals, having gone 3-0 with a 2.33 ERA over his last six starts. He’ll be facing a Marlins lineup that is without the feared Giancarlo Stanton but does have dynamic leadoff man Dee Gordon back off the DL tonight.
I’m not in Miami for this series, but please enjoy the conversation here, and definitely please check the homepage throughout the afternoon and evening for any breaking news…
WASHINGTON NATIONALS at MIAMI MARLINS
Where: Marlins Park, Miami
Gametime: 7:10 p.m. EDT
TV: MASN2, MLB.tv
Radio: 106.7 FM, 1500 AM, XM 869
2B Anthony Rendon
3B Yunel Escobar
LF Jayson Werth
RF Bryce Harper
1B Ryan Zimmerman
SS Ian Desmond
C Wilson Ramos
CF Michael Taylor
RHP Jordan Zimmermann
2B Dee Gordon
3B Martin Prado
CF Christian Yelich
1B Casey McGehee
LF Derek Dietrich
C J.T. Realmuto
RF Ichiro Suzuki
SS Adeiny Hechavarria
RHP Jose Fernandez
HP Jeff Kellogg (cc)
1B Ben May
2B Alan Porter
3B Mark Repperger
FINAL NL EAST STANDINGS
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2015 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- Bryce Harper powers Nationals past Diamondbacks
- Nationals lose to Diamondbacks in dramatic fashion
- Nationals six-game winning streak comes to an end in Los Angeles
- Zimmerman sets franchise HR record, Nationals beat Reds 6-1
- Nationals new reliever Sean Doolittle grew up a Redskins fan
- Daniel Murphy homers twice in 14-4 rout of Reds
- Nationals aquire Doolittle from Athletics
- Bryce Harper homers twice, Nationals beat Reds 5-0
- Dallas fan Bryce Harper casually talks Cowboys with Joe Buck during All Star Game
- Bryce Harper goes "Miami Vice" at the All-star game red carpet