Jul 27, 2015, 11:04 AM EST
There was a lot to talk about on this week’s episode of The Baseball Show, as the Nationals just lost a four-game series at the Pittsburgh Pirates. The 2015 trade deadline is also quickly approaching, as the Nats have stumbled out of the gate in the second half of the season.
There is also a clip below that looks at Ian Desmond’s recent resurgence, as Mark, Joe Orsulak and Brent Harris examine whether Desmond has turned his season around.
Breaking down the Nats’ series loss to the Pirates:
Nats stumble out of gate in second half:
Looking at Max Scherzer’s impact so far:
Time for Nats to make a trade?
What do the Nats need heading into the trade deadline?
Has Ian Desmond turned his season around?
FINAL NL EAST STANDINGS
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2015 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- Nationals re-sign Howie Kendrick for two-years
- See hilarious highlights from Nats' Racing Presidents tryouts
- Bryce Harper enjoyed the story of Alex Luey and Ovechkin's hat trick for the young cancer survivor
- Max Scherzer Giving Away Memorabilia For Good Cause
- Why Bryce Harper would be a bargain at $500 million
- Nats' Max Scherzer wins second straight NL Cy Young Award
- Max Scherzer and Ryan Zimmerman receive honors from fellow ballplayers
- Two-time Cy Young winner Roy Halladay dies in Gulf of Mexico plane crash
- Nationals' Scherzer, Strasburg named two of the three NL Cy Young finalists
- Matt Wieters will return to Nationals in 2018 with player-option