Jul 27, 2015, 11:04 AM EDT
There was a lot to talk about on this week’s episode of The Baseball Show, as the Nationals just lost a four-game series at the Pittsburgh Pirates. The 2015 trade deadline is also quickly approaching, as the Nats have stumbled out of the gate in the second half of the season.
There is also a clip below that looks at Ian Desmond’s recent resurgence, as Mark, Joe Orsulak and Brent Harris examine whether Desmond has turned his season around.
Breaking down the Nats’ series loss to the Pirates:
Nats stumble out of gate in second half:
Looking at Max Scherzer’s impact so far:
Time for Nats to make a trade?
What do the Nats need heading into the trade deadline?
Has Ian Desmond turned his season around?
FINAL NL EAST STANDINGS
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2015 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- Trea Turner has a career game as Nats clobber Reds
- Harper's 10th-inning single lifts Nationals past Reds 6-5
- Max Scherzer's bid for third no-hitter ends in heartbreak
- The Nats got hot Tuesday in Miami with 12-3 win over Marlins
- Tanner Roark unable to preserve six-run lead before Marlins walk off Nationals in ninth
- Jacob DeGrom denies Nationals sweep of Mets on Father's Day
- Nationals hit three homers to win third straight game against Mets
- Nationals look to win series against Mets behind Stephen Strasburg
- Scherzer strikes out 10, leads Nationals over Mets 7-2
- Gio Gonzalez and Daniel Murphy dominated in Nationals' 8-3 win over the Mets